W/Adesanya Saying he's Going Back to MW after

No, I wanted the MW Izzy to move up one weight and fight the guy who he's been trash talking. He was offered the fight. He said no. As soon as Jones vacates SUDDENLY Izzy is fine to move up. And maybe you missed the thread title. Win or lose, he's moving back down to MW? All his talk of chasing Jones to HW was just that. Talk. Most people have established that by now. One of these days I hope you can join us.

I'll move up in 2021 ( 2019 statement) ... he's doing it this weekend. . I'll fight him in December. I plan to defend my belt first.

What a lil liar... doing Exactly what he said he would 2 years ago..... all talk for sure

I'll move up in 2021 ( 2019 statement) ... he's doing it this weekend. . I'll fight him in December. I plan to defend my belt first.

What a lil liar... doing Exactly what he said he would 2 years ago..... all talk for sure
So, despite Izzy saying that after the Jan fight he's moving back to middleweight, it's your belief that he's going to fight Jones in December at HW? Yes or no.

I think Iarael is a middleweight but he might be short sided here. I think he knows Dana going to try and talk him into staying at 205 if he wins but I dont think he should dismiss so quickly. The 205 division is thin and already with a handful of middles ascending to 205. Glover is considered the top ranked light heavy and Adesanya walks through him in the first round .Glover wont be able to absorb any significant shots from Izz- a quick night. There are other tailor made match ups where Israel is a significant favorite coming in. He can really take advantage of where the UFC is in their heavier divisions.
This, of course , if he wins.

I'm not crazy about this fight to begin with but I understand. Look at it this way - Jan just laid waste ( as a +225 underdog) to the guy who everyone thinks beat Jon Jones .......yet the middleweight comes in as the same -260 favorite over Jan.
The odds tell me that Vegas confident that Adesanya going to get job done but theyve been wrong before.

What a retarded statement.
Yup. Idiot has self identified.

Also: If he talks about defending 205 or pursuing a HW fight he is “holding up a division”

and up until this fight was announced he was “ducking 205”

People are retarded.

I am enjoying watching an active champion taking on challenges in his prime.

This fight should not be happening, but all credit to Izzy if he wins.

Just curious... how do you see Isreal putting on enough weight to be competitive at HW? There's weight classes for a reason... Jump one weight class is a challenge and has all the makings of greatness if he gets a title in another division. Jumping two weight classes? He'd be the worlds biggest idiot...
He isn’t talking about being competitive at HW and never was and never said anything of the like whatsoever.

He has only ever spoken of fighting one HW who has yet to even fight at HW.

He wants the Jon Jones money fight.

Get it?

They have similar body types and Jon seems to be on the decline while Izzy is hitting his prime.

I think Izzy is skill-wise the best MW in history. He will probably clean out the whole division considering the top contenders at MW (Costa and Whittaker) already lost to him badly. He might cement himself as one of the GOATs within the next few years.

However, while I do pick Adesanya to beat Jan, he has no business staying there and defending the title. I know it sounds crazy but I think guys like Reyes, Rakic and even Ankalaev are very risky and dangerous matchups for him.

He also has his teammate, Carlos Ulberg, competing there, who he would never fight. There really a tight knit team and have confidence in this guy.

Carlos is a long way away from that fight

Izzy has thin bones (circumference-wise); he doesn't put up muscle as easy, plus more muscle always means less cardio.
4 inches shorter than Israel and has great cardio with a lot of muscle. Less cardio doesn't mean bad cardio. You can have a lot of muscle and enough cardio to go 5 hard rounds.
93149.jpg

4 inches shorter than Israel and has great cardio with a lot of muscle. Less cardio doesn't mean bad cardio. You can have a lot of muscle and enough cardio to go 5 hard rounds.
93149.jpg
For every Usman you post, we can post a dozen of musclebound, shit cardio fighters.

93149.jpg
Usman is quite the anomaly though.

It's very rare that someone that muscular has that amount of cardio and still does have such good power, which is why many people suspect that Usman might be on EPO - now i'm not saying he is, but i *understand* why people would find his combination of size, muscle mass, power and cardio suspect.

93149.jpg

Also nailed to be using PEDs. Likely the same shit TJ was on too.

We'll see, actions speak louder than words... I have little faith in people sticking to their words in this business.

Back