VP Biden considering 2016 run. Advisors meeting with party donors and leaders.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/250013-report-biden-considering-2016-run

It was reported shortly after Joe's son Beau death that he had told his dad to run before he passed. Now Biden's top advisors are reaching out to democratic leaders and donors to feel out what their concerns are for Hillary's campaign and what support for the VP would be.

It is like when I crush a packet of crackers and put them into soup, but the soup is rancid so I dump it down the garbage disposal.

The punishment for the felony of "mishandling classified material" by the federal government is incarceration for a period of up to 1 year in prison. The question now is whether or not they were retroactively classified. There was some strange confusion regarding that in the press this past few weeks beginning with a New York Times report citing government officials. At first it was being reported that the DOJ announced the launch of a criminal investigation, but later that was "clarified" with the statement, "The Department has received a referral related to the potential compromise of classified information. It is not a criminal referral."

She's the establishment candidate as was established so brutally by the entire forum in the other thread. One wonders if they do find they were indeed classified at the time if anything will come of it, and thought I am not wont to cynicism about our government, I must admit in this case I have my doubts. Ever since the 2008 FM&FM meltdown, we've been justifiably pissed that some banks are "too big to fail". Ironically, it feels to me that this isn't restricted to corporations in what Carter just this week called our "oligarchy"; it appears that some candidates may be too big to fail, too.

We'll see.
There's plenty of reason to be cynical about this exact crime already. Rules and punishments are for the little people. Everyone at the top could probably be ruined over it, hence no one is. There was a CIA director that was completely busted with classified info all over his laptop, so (Bill) Clinton had to pardon him. Petraeus got a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile I bet you could find multiple cases of mid-level nobodies doing prison time for the exact same thing in the same time period.

There's plenty of reason to be cynical about this exact crime already. Rules and punishments are for the little people. Everyone at the top could probably be ruined over it, hence no one is. There was a CIA director that was completely busted with classified info all over his laptop, so (Bill) Clinton had to pardon him. Petraeus got a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile I bet you could find multiple cases of mid-level nobodies doing prison time for the exact same thing in the same time period.

So you're setting it up that when it turns out it's nothing, it'll actually be evidence that you're right.

I read somewhere that there was a poll that 57% of Americans say Hillary cannot be trusted. If that is true, it spells doom for the campaign and it is clear that donors will want a plan B.

Still, the way Biden uses his son's death here is tasteless and brazen (also, he was the only witness to that conversation).

Super-wealthy so non-average Hillary: "Average Americans need a champion"

Scott Walker: "God wants it"

Trump: "I'm fucking rich"

and now Biden: "My dead son told me to"

I read somewhere that there was a poll that 57% of Americans say Hillary cannot be trusted. If that is true, it spells doom for the campaign and it is clear that donors will want a plan B.

I don't know about that exact number, but trustworthiness is her biggest weakness (both in terms of politics and in terms of reality), but she's still the second-most popular politician in America (behind the current president) and still has to be considered the front-runner at this point. Another big concern with her is that there's an open war between her and the big media (one of a few reasons that it's hilarious that some people think of her as an "establishment" candidate, unless they mean "Democratic establishment" and then equivocate).

Last edited:
It's funny that Hillary is so bad that Biden is looking good.

It's funny that Hillary is so bad that Biden is looking good.

Biden is looking good 25/8.

CLfSbsnWsAEpntu.jpg:large

I'd rather see Uncle Bernie or Crazy Joe get the nod over Hillary...

Back