Vladimir Matyushenko on his bout with Ryan Bader: "Don't blink."

Unless Bader has drastically improved his boxing and takedown transitions hes not beating Vlad. From what I've seen of Vlad he got more than enough tools to win.

I think Bader will take down the Janitor, but Vlad gets so much of my respect for being so good this late in his career.

Vlad is good considering his longevity. His losses are against some of the baddest men at LHW at the time. No way he loses to Bader.

I got Bader here via (T)KO.

matyushenko knows that there wrestling neutralizes eachother, however bader probably has better cardio at this point in his career. however, they both have questionable chins these days and matyushenko has definitely had the crisper striking lately.

bader gameplan: get a W no matter what aka boring wrestling/clinch/UD

matyushenko gameplan: capitalize on his speed/power in the 1st round and knock bader the fuck out for the fans, then probably retire

im pickin matyushenko

Great analysis!

Well, Vlad, if I don't "blink" - - - my eyes will eventually hurt...

Matyushenko - - UD

Nothing against Bader, but I'm rooting for the old dog, Vlad, to win.

i hope vlad wins...

but i have a feeling bader will

They are fairly similar in styles, for me Vladdy is ATLEAST as good in the wrestling department, probably better but his age leaves some question marks.
Bader's striking is crap, I give Vladdy the edge, he is more technical which doesn't mean he cant get knocked out by one of Bader bombs.
Fairly even fight, no clue who wins but I will root for the old man.

Back