ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
So the Legend is 37 years young

his MMA record is 24-10 and he has been fighting for over 17 years

so he averages 2 fights a year

He has 10 losses to 8 opponents

of which 4 (Chuck, Randy, Tito, A.Silva) were UFC champions and Jones currently is UFC champ

Hendo and Reem are ex Pride/Strikeforce champs

and Saku won UFC Ultimate Japan Heavyweight Tournament.

So that is very very impressive

Losses to Randy, Tito, Chuck, Saku, Reem, Hendo, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are nothing to cry about.

To be honest if that tragedy had not happened with his sister then I think he would have less losses as his mental state was not right in some fights.

vitor-belfort-21.jpg

TBH he lost to them because they are better than him, with the exception of Saku, which is quite arguable. Vitor hasn't been too technical over the years until more recent fights.

I don't think his losses to Randy are fair
and if he re-fought every guy he lost to Now, then I am sure he beat them all.

I will always question Vitor. I have never seen him really come out hard for a third round. he threw away his fight with tito because he was gassed or discouraged. it was a close fight, but he threw that third round away. he has been reduced to the guard-pulling butt-scooting vitor in a few of his losses, in which he was clearly broken (or discouraged)... against saku, overeem, and bones.

in the first round, he's the best in the world (overeem fights this way, but I thought vitor took it to overeem pretty well in their first rounds). once he gets hit to the body a few times and actually has to dig deep, that well is pretty shallow. the one time I've seen him go for it in the third was against chuck.... he got caught and chuck stole the fight. but in most cases (hendo, tito, overeem, saku, etc.), he's pretty much checked out by round 2

*** also, heath herring beat him. the judges favored vitor because he was smaller but he lost that fight. one of the most overlooked robberies in mma

And if he was better then he would have had a lot less losses too. Whats your point?

I just can't take the guy seriously. He just has had too many chemical advantages over the years.

I wish he had just never taken the drugs and had instead focused on training his skills more instead of just looking for the easy route.

you were doing great until that if statement.

it'll be interesting to see how the next year or 3 go.

whats the point of this thread? theres no topic question, is it just ball polishing?

That wasn't just a "loss" to Sakuraba.

'Quitting' doesn't even come remotely close to describing what Vitor did for the last 2/3rds of that fight.

He also lost to Chris Weidman via quitting before the fight...Remember, he wasnt injured.

His loss to Saku and first loss to Overeem (who was no champion at the time) were two extremely unimpressive losses.

His performance was horrible in both fights.

TRT Vitor destroys all. Mourning Vitor was just too sad to fight. Post-TRT Vitor will still make some noise, let's see.

There is no shame in losing to the people he lost to. He has had a tendency to hand pick his opponents throughout his career though, only taking high risk fights if they came with a big reward.

To be honest if that tragedy had not happened with his sister then I think he would have less losses as his mental state was not right in some fights.

after making a solid, reasonable series of points you make a kind of lame excuse. vitor sometimes doesn't quite make it against the very best. but he's had a terrific career, no doubt.

Back