Vitor Solid Losses

That wasn't just a "loss" to Sakuraba.

'Quitting' doesn't even come remotely close to describing what Vitor did for the last 2/3rds of that fight.

And to top it off, Vitor spit in his hand before shaking Sakuraba's hand after the fight! I Could never be a fan of Vitor after that, yet he has a HUGE fanbase, crazy!

For myself I think it interesting to wonder how his career would have turned out if he had fought at his more natural weight of 185 his entire career. A lot of those losses looked like size played a part, which could have contributed to his gassing by trying to keep the bigger guys off him. The overeem fights stand out where overeem wasn't necessarily the more skilled but just bullied him with size and strength

And to top it off, Vitor spit in his hand before shaking Sakuraba's hand after the fight! I Could never be a fan of Vitor after that, yet he has a HUGE fanbase, crazy!

What?

Did he spit blood in his hand after that liver kick?

I will always question Vitor. I have never seen him really come out hard for a third round. he threw away his fight with tito because he was gassed or discouraged. it was a close fight, but he threw that third round away. he has been reduced to the guard-pulling butt-scooting vitor in a few of his losses, in which he was clearly broken (or discouraged)... against saku, overeem, and bones.

in the first round, he's the best in the world (overeem fights this way, but I thought vitor took it to overeem pretty well in their first rounds). once he gets hit to the body a few times and actually has to dig deep, that well is pretty shallow. the one time I've seen him go for it in the third was against chuck.... he got caught and chuck stole the fight. but in most cases (hendo, tito, overeem, saku, etc.), he's pretty much checked out by round 2

*** also, heath herring beat him. the judges favored vitor because he was smaller but he lost that fight. one of the most overlooked robberies in mma

You didn't think anyone would know who your avatar was right? Die hard.

He's a pioneer of sort, he's been there since the start but I wouldn't call him legendary, longevity doesnt mean legendary.

At the end of the day, he's one of the OGs but he always has and always will be a lawnchair, TRT/roids or not.

If he hadnt taken drugs we wouldn't be posting in this thread because nobody would have heard of Vitor

I bet if you had a full list of fighters that have taken PEDs but have never been caught you wouldn't have too many fighters you respect .

What?

Did he spit blood in his hand after that liver kick?

Right after the ref raised Saku's arm for the victory, Vitor clearly spits in his hand then shakes Sakuraba's hand. I never heard this getting brought to peoples attention, but hell yeah it happened!

Back