Vitor on TRT: "NBA, NFL and MLB has it. Why not MMA?"

philbr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...isebol-por-que-nao-no-mma-indaga-belfort.html

"Technically, nothing has changed. But it's like this: If someone has diabetes, he has to take insulin. Insulin is doping. If an athlete uses insulin, he's doing something wrong, cheating. But if you take away a diabetic's insulin, that's bad, right? It's a medical condition. There is this disease. It's proven. My blood tests indicate my levels are low. I cant explain the scientific part. If you have high blood preassure and you dont take your medicine, your pressure is not going to improve. If you have asthma...did you know that the inhaeler is doping? A fighter with ashtma is not allowed to fight then? Is it forbidden? What they did to me was to ban what i was doing as if it was illegal. We have TRT in the NBA, NFL, MJB. Why not MMA? Why the double standart? Because a brazilian guy was KOing everyone? I dont know. It is hard, but not impossible. I have doctor Rodrigo Mauro with me, he is the man. Today all my energy is more [didnt get that in portuguese also - vitor is vitor in all languages]. I'm feeling so great now, i have i have to find new mechanisms such as diet and supplementation....i have to feed my receptors so they can give me energy. Today, thank god, im well, happy and focused to go get what is rightfully mine".

"These grey hairs have been here a few years. Im fine with it. Im happy. Couldnt be in a better place in my life. I've been performing on a hogh level for 18 years. You can say i am an old bordeaux wine. An old, but good and expensive wine. It nice to see that you are not only a product in a shelf, that you are not remeberd only for ehat you have done, but for what you represent now. In life everything will pass, but you have to leave a legacy. My legacy is not only performance. I represented and helped the sport. The biggest fight is the whole, not only a single act".

"In my mind i havent begun to train yet. The doctors have been clearing me bac to trainning slowly. This ban was not easy, it happened overnight. It was not something like: "look, we are changing the rules in 30 days", they just banned it. It's not right. They took vitor off the fight, instead of cancelling it. They asked me "are you clean?" I've never been dirty! These are issues the press need to address differently. I've earned my place [#1 contender]. Now i gotta work for it. All i think about is the belt. It's hard to understand [losing the title fight and having to fight for it again]. It's like telling mayweather he has to get back to doing amateur fights. You can only look up".

"it's hard to say "if" [the trt would out of his system by the time of the fight]. The test in here. I've taken all tests, just did them again. I've always done tests. When you are on TRT, it takes 2.5 months for it to leave the body. You are using synthetic hormone. When you cant do it anymore, you cant. They decided i couldnt use it anymore. Nobody would have licensed me for the may24 fight. So, they pulled me from the fight and put lyoto in. Im not the president of the UFC, its not my criteria. I can only do my part, train and be ready. Today i am the next in line for a belt. That thought wont leave my head".

"It's very hard to increase your levels naturally. Thats a technical question. I've been talking with my doctor, he has shown me the tests. Sometimes the tests show something, but the thing is, with this disease sometimes the more important thing is how you are feeling. Sometimes the test shows something, but what you are feeling is defferent. People say: "ah, my testoterone levels are low", but some people have low testosterone and high energy. The big thing is to find a mechanism within your body, with a very strict diet. I'm doing that today, with things that are being created for me. I'm having to find in science the mecahnisms that will make my body react. The tests indicate that i have not lost any muscle mass. I havent relaxed since i got off TRT. I have to follow the new rules. Everybody wants me to retire, but i wont".

i would say we have a trt issue because most fighters that need trt, need it due to steroid abuse and not just "low t"

I would care if Vitor wasn't juicing at like 17 years old. Guy was on roids before he came anywhere near his prime, and now he's gonna cry about TRT? No sympathy here

Vitor is coming off as a whiny puss.....

He seems to never want to fight again without it.....I doubt he wins another fight unless he sneaks around the testing.....his mental focus is way off.

Vitor always loves to talk too much about a very easy topic,sorry but its f...ing illegal

Yeah, I almost have sympathy for his argument until I remember his testosterone is low from previous steroid abuse, not a natural condition.

The sad part is that there are some fighters with natural deficiencies who are screwed now because of all the abuse.

The NFL is one of the most blatantly steroids rotten leagues of any sport in the whole world maybe that's why. And in the Olympics they won't give you an exemption to 99.999999999% that's why same with MLB it isn't like that's the cleanest sport you will come across. No idea about basketball

all those words and no pic of Vitor's current hairstyle?

I apologize...

vitorbelfort_ivanraupp-5.jpg

The NBA and MLB are poor examples because they arent out trying to knock someones head off.

I'm ok with the ban though I don't really feel it was necessary.

I do feel like Vitor gets a raw deal tho. No one else gets the heat he does. Maybe because he's Brazilian? Or crazy? Or Christian? I dunno. Maybe just because he has been knocking fools out.

I think the old farts should be able to do it, provided their levels stay within normal ranges and any additional testing they need to insure that, could be paid out of pocket.

Well Vitor, the scientific part, see...

Vitor should just release the results of that surprise test.

Vitor has some of the best punches and worst logic in MMA.

What a joke. This whole idea that he's some poor victim who suffers from this medical condition is just pathetic.

Because Vitor, people are scared of drugs and frightened that people could use them to positive effect. IT doesn't make people against drugs look very good, Vitor, so just let them have this, they need it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back