Vitor, MW Champ in 2016?

Title shot for beating Hendo!!... pffft.... IMO the loser of this fight should retire, and the winner... too.

The Old Lion/Young Dinossaur will still be roaring in 2016

but champ? not a chance.

Why? It's not a terribly unpopular opinion.

Yeah it is. A handful of salty Silva fans and a few others who don't know what the fuck they are watching and couldn't pick talent out of an all-star lineup.

lol how many silva fans said he would beat weidman in there 1st and 2nd fight and now are saying its because he was declining. He had 4 wins by tko right before the weidman fight where he completely dominated, he looked alot better in those fights then when chael dominated him for 5 rounds. Clearly ts picked silva to beat weidman considering after all this weidmans still undefeated and still calls him overrated. Weidman will beat rockhold and remain champ for probably awhile

He had Machida but beyond that; naysayers have an argument and you'll have to accept it.

Wins over :
#1 P4P fighter and #1 Middleweight - Anderson
Top 5 P4P and #2 Middleweight- Anderson
Top 5 ranked Mark Munoz
Top 5 ranked Demian Maia
#2 ranked middleweight- Vitor
top 5 ranked middleweight machida.

None of this counts as notable wins? I guess top 5 wins are worthless.

I dont see it happening, Weidman would beat him again and I got Rockhold taking a rematch

Even if Rockhold wins, vitor is not getting another shot at title for beating Dan Henderson...Dana , Joe and ufc brass have had enough with Vitor.They will tell him straight, u want another shot?- well youll have to climb in the same cage as Gegard Mousasi and win and maybe youll be in the mix.
This thread actually made me laugh.

That's funny.

Though I wouldn't mind if Vitor became champ again he will have to wait a long time for Weidman to move up.

Yes, i know he's TRT'less, old and in decline, but consider the following scenario ...........

1. Rockhold beats Weidman (liklely).

Wins over :
#1 P4P fighter and #1 Middleweight - Anderson
Top 5 P4P and #2 Middleweight- Anderson
Top 5 ranked Mark Munoz
Top 5 ranked Demian Maia
#2 ranked middleweight- Vitor
top 5 ranked middleweight machida.

None of this counts as notable wins? I guess top 5 wins are worthless.

Everyone had said vitor without trt would be no threat.

Maia was. .ok.

Munoz? ! Even you could beat him.

Anderson? Oh you're just baiting me. Sorry kiddo, i don't care for fights that end with an asshole giving it away it another with a crazy injury.

These are the facts.

Cancer was never a true contender and world hunger is old and past it's prime.
Not true! Cancer was on a million-fight win streak (I'm awful) and world hunger was P4P Top 10 in most children's Christmas lists.

Maia was. .ok.

Anderson? Oh you're just baiting me. Sorry kiddo, i don't care for fights that end with an asshole giving it away it another with a crazy injury.

These are the facts.
Facts? Those are your opinions! All of those are great wins. Fact :)

Maia was. .ok.

These are the facts.

You almost had me.

Yeah beating one of the greatest fighters of all time with 10 consecutive title defenses and a 16 fight win streak in the ufc TWICE is not a notable win at all....plus beating the two other top guys in the division at the time(vitor and machdia). COMPLETELY unoteable. They should just give the belt to rockhold

Easily some of the worst logic I have ever seen employed here on Sherdog.

Back