Vitor, MW Champ in 2016?

GEMMAYUI

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Yes, i know he's TRT'less, old and in decline, but consider the following scenario ...........

1. Rockhold beats Weidman (liklely). I maintain that Weidman is overrated; he has no notable wins, only wins against aged, declining Brazilians, the likes of Vitor, Anderson and Machida.

2. Vitor beats Hendo, again (very likely)

................ The aftermath of these two events will be Vitor calling out Rockhold on Twitter, asking for a title match. Rockhold, who cant supress his ego, will take the bait, ultimately wanting to avenge his embarassing, spinning head kick loss to Vitor. The match is made, new champ, Rockhold vs old champ, Vitor, an easily marketable fight based on the legitimate anomisty between the these two. Vitor KO's / TKO's Rockhold, again = New MW Champ, 2016.

yeah... no that's not happening. You thinking Weidman is overrated pretty much disqualifies anything you said after that.

If Rockhold beats Weidman it'll be a rematch and that'll take up the majority of the MW title for 2016. Only way Vitor becomes champ is if Franklweight becomes an actual weight class, and even then he'd be fighting the contenders from lhw and mw.

Yes, i know he's TRT'less, old and in decline, but consider the following scenario ...........

1. Rockhold beats Weidman (liklely). I maintain that Weidman is overrated; he has no notable wins, only wins against aged, declining Brazilians, the likes of Vitor, Anderson and Machida.

................ The aftermath of these two events will be Vitor calling out Rockhold on Twitter, asking for a title match. Rockhold, who cant supress his ego, will take the bait, ultimately wanting to avenge his embarassing, spinning head kick loss to Vitor. The match is made, new champ, Rockhold vs old champ, Vitor, an easily marketable fight based on the legitimate anomisty between the these two. Vitor KO's / TKO's Rockhold, again = New MW Champ, 2016.

Vitor looks like a balloon that was de-flated. He will never be the same physically. Plus the blueprint is out on him - weather the barrage of punches and either take him down or last to the later rounds. He would get SMASHED by Romero, Souza, and Rockhold Rematch. Too many killers deserve a chance before him at MW.

even if rockhold beats weidman, vitor would not be champ

You're saying Vitor isn't a notable win while predicting he's going to be champ. Pretty strong logic right there.

Whatever drugs you're on, don't spread them. First LOL at Weidman not having any notable wins and is overrated. Second LOL at thinking Vitor would get a title shot for beating half dead Hendo and jumping over the Yoel vs Jacare winner.

Either way i'd love to see Vitor get another shot, as any of those top 4 guys would wreck him now. Hell have him stop ducking Mousasi and let's get that fight done and over with.

And you must not have followed MMA for too long if you can't see that through out Vitor's career when he is "ON" he's "The Phenom" when he's "OFF" he is a shell who wilts under pressure. And i'd place money on that, the Vitor we saw in 2013 will not be coming back.

I maintain that Weidman is overrated; he has no notable wins

Yeah, all those people on long win streaks just took an aging spurt just before the Weidman fight.

Or the other option. You could be wrong in your assessment on something that you are incompetent at. Which one has a higher probability? :)

I maintain that Weidman is overrated; he has no notable wins, only wins against aged, declining Brazilians, the likes of Vitor, Anderson and Machida.
4f67e783b9a80e453a0d8a924fc8daf8.gif

You're saying Vitor isn't a notable win while predicting he's going to be champ. Pretty strong logic right there.
Thank you lol

Doesn't matter who wins Weidman vs Cockhold, Jacare or Romero will get the shot at the belt next. Vitor will have to go on at least 2-3 fight win streak to get another shot. It is possible though. He's not done yet.

He also better make sure his ground game is there because last fight he had none.

Not a chance.

Weidman will be the MW champ until he moves up or retires.

STEP-INTO-MY-OFFICE-240x240.jpg

Seriously, man... Are you that delusional? Weidman beat Silva twice... He beat Machida when he was on a god damn wreckingball mission through the MW division, and those aren't notable? His least notable win as champ is beating Vitor.

Second... Vitor isn't even top 3 in the division. I doubt he beats Souza, Romero, Rockhold or even Kennedy at this point... If I was to place a bet on a Bisping rematch I'd bet on the count. He is just too weathered to be elite without the horse meat or TRT.

It doesn't matter how deserving (or undeserving) Vitor is, or whether he looks like a deflated balloon, or whether other guys are more deserving etc, what matters is what is good for BUSINESS ............... Jesus, does Conor McGregor mean anything to you people? ............. Here we have a guy who got a title shot off a win over Denis Siver, and if that wasn't enough, his fight with Mendes was, without any fighting logic, upgraded to an interim title fight. However, there was a huge BUSINESS logic for this, and for Mr. Dana White, only BUSINESS and MONEY matter in the UFC.

I agree, Vitor is completely undeserving of a title fight; however, from a business , marketing and money spinning perspective, the only fight that makes sense is a rematch between Rockhold & Vitor. Nothing pulls in the dollars quite like legitimate hatred and animosity. As for anyone who thinks Weidman gets an automatic rematch, it just wont happen. Weidman has the personality and charisma of a stale cracker - He's a terrible champion to market.

Weidmann probably beats Rockhold.
Rockhold probably doesn't try to stand again with Vitor, but tries to take him down.

So I got Rockhold vs Weidmann at 20% and Rockhold losing to Vitor at 60%

SMH, I'm convinced Weidman will never get the credit he deserves. He could beat Rockhold, Souza, Romero, and Mousasi, move up to LHW, beat DC and JJ, defeat the Undertaker at Wreslemania, KO cancer, and submit world hunger, and they'd still call him a lucky champ with no good wins.

Yeahhh not gonna happen.

Also lol at Weidman having no legit wins. Delusional.

Back