Vitor called out Jon Jones, not Anderson Silva...

Swiftmayhem

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This should let you know who the harder fight is an in general who the better fighter is. Vitor knows he stands no chance against someone like Anderson but he almost finished Jones and by the way he looked tonight it seems as if he can beat Jones in a rematch. By calling out Jones, we know from 1 of the only 2 fighters to face both Jones and Silva who the better fighter is.

I personally would like to see Vitor fight Anderson Silva again.

I know Vitor almost submitted Jon Jones for a brief moment but he got picked apart the rest of the fight. Against Silva they were still warming up before Belfort got caught with that front kick. I think Anderson would win again but it would be a good standup fight. Vitor showed patience and had great kicks tonight. Silva-Belfort II is the more interesting fight to me.

By calling out Jones, we know from 1 of the only 2 fighters to face both Jones and Silva who the better fighter is.

Well that settles that.. No need for Jones to fight Silva.. :icon_lol:

belfort is from rio de janeiro, IIRC anderson was born in S

Jones Beat the hell out of Vitor with basically one arm. Imagine what he'll do with 2 next time..

If sonnen talked his way into fighting Anderson, then vitor would have called out Anderson.

Vitor is motivated by Sonnen's undeserved shot.

I know Vitor almost submitted Jon Jones for a brief moment but he got picked apart the rest of the fight. Against Silva they were still warming up before Belfort got caught with that front kick. I think Anderson would win again but it would be a good standup fight. Vitor showed patience and had great kicks tonight. Silva-Belfort II is the more interesting fight to me.

I would love to see Vitor against Silva again as well.

Vitor would be a waste of Jones time.

Vitor was a punching bag after the arm bar against jones. Its not something I would want to watch again.

Last edited:
This should let you know who the harder fight is an in general who the better fighter is. Vitor knows he stands no chance against someone like Anderson but he almost finished Jones and by the way he looked tonight it seems as if he can beat Jones in a rematch. By calling out Jones, we know from 1 of the only 2 fighters to face both Jones and Silva who the better fighter is.

My sentiments exactly

But I see Vitor vs Cung Le or Stann (after he KOs Wand :-( unfortunately)

Me personally, I think there's two stand-out fighters at MW to challenge Anderson. Vitor and Lombard.

I know everyone is on Weidman's nuts thanks to his fantastic PR people always posting stuff here on Sherdog, but there's no reason to rush him into a title fight just yet. He can still build his resume, and maybe give the fans a stand-out wow factor other than stuffing Munoz's TD's. By facing Bisping or another in a fight once he's healed from his injury.

Give Lombard a mulligan in his debut, but he was a champ for a very long time and it's easy to hype a title fight off of that. And Vitor is a name everyone should know. I'd like to see a Lombard/Vitor match to determine the number 1 contender at MW.

Also I believe Vitor performs better at MW. He's quicker, still has power, and has better cardio at MW, and doesn't risk getting out grappled and worn down by a bigger athlete like he would at LHW.

They just fought and its not like jones is gonna hand vitor his arm again. I'd say give vitor another contenders fight at 205. Let him fight at top 5 at lhw.

I don't agree with this, he just may want to fight Jones more for multiple reason to conclude he has no chance against Anderson is just false.

Just a guess: I dont think he wants to get kicked in the face again. Its a pretty decent excuse...

Didnt Vitor call out Chael for having no business being a contender for the belt at 205??

this - belfort had nothing for jones other than almost fluke which counts for nothing - he got owned the rest of the way

belfort/silva 2 is far more intriguing for the reasons mentioned above

Didnt Vitor call out Chael for having no business being a contender for the belt at 205??

No, Vitor demanded Dana & co the kick Chael off the match and let him fight Jones.

Jones Beat the hell out of Vitor with basically one arm. Imagine what he'll do with 2 next time..

Imagine what Vitor will do with full and proper training camp. That arm's coming home with him next time. :icon_twis:icon_chee

They were both open to the round kick off the back leg... Vitor especially when he kept ducking into it ..obviously Bisping doesn't have that kick in his arsenal . Props to Vitor for recognising it and delivering it with great timing .

Back