Vitor called out Jon Jones, not Anderson Silva...

If Machida cant beat jones this next time I think Vitor or Glover will, I dont see Anderson losing his belt any time soon though

Probably because Dana already told him he wasn't getting another shot with a win against Anderson.

Probably because Dana already told him he wasn't getting another shot with a win against Anderson.

I don't think telling the UFC to boot Chael out of his fight with Jones and let him fight Jones instead was any more realistic.

Mostly what he did was he called out Sonnen so there can be a fight following the Sonnen loss to Jones.

Vitor can't fight Ando: Dana said so.
Vitor won't be in line to fight Jones: Why would he be?
Sonnen will be coming off of two losses but still ranked Top 10 MW..... makes sense, don't it?

Big payday for Vitor. Obvious Head/Co-Head fight.... pretty straightforward business move. You sherdoggers always lose sight of obvious things when you hear yelling. It's weird.

It was more of a call out to Chael than Jon. Vitor knows he isn't going to get a shot at Jones, but calling Sonnen a clown and the fight a joke will get Sonnen to defend himself and attack Vitor.

Vitor and Sonnen knows Jone is going to mop the floor with Sonnen. So it's win win for both Vitor and Sonnen to hype this fight early.

Retirement match: Vitor vs. Anderson II

I'm lolling at Jones being the easier fight. He is the best fighter at a weight class above silva.

Jones would eat silva for dinner, with room for dessert.

Last edited:
This should let you know who the harder fight is an in general who the better fighter is. Vitor knows he stands no chance against someone like Anderson but he almost finished Jones and by the way he looked tonight it seems as if he can beat Jones in a rematch. By calling out Jones, we know from 1 of the only 2 fighters to face both Jones and Silva who the better fighter is.

The reason that he called out Jones is because Vitor wants to fight for the belt and Dana said that Vitor wouldn't get a shot because Anderson didnt want to give rematches. So he called out jones since Anderson is only wanting fights he think he can win.

How many of you nitwits ACTUALLY believe that A: Vitor thinks Jones is somehow EASIER and B: think he can actually win?

Probably had a little something to do with being in Brazil.

Just my 2c though.

Jones Beat the hell out of Vitor with basically one arm. Imagine what he'll do with 2 next time..

That's actually true. It's almost amazing really. I'm not sure the damage that was put on his arm but geez it looked like it must have been hurting. I think he tore his bicep muscle a bit? I can't remember. Beating him with 1 good arm is a pretty amazing task. Especially against a big tough guy in Vitor.

I think Vitor's best chances were from the guard. He didn't telegraph that armbar at all and especially when it's a guy with long arms it certainly helps. I don't see Vitor getting in on Jones in the second fight standing, so I would assume he would drill a lot from his gaurd if they ever do fight. Though I doubt that rematch would occur.

Vitor might as well challenge GSP because he's not winning any of those 2 belts.

How many of you nitwits ACTUALLY believe that A: Vitor thinks Jones is somehow EASIER and B: think he can actually win?

its not like it took 1 guy 4 rounds to win and came out of the fight with a messed up arm, and took the other guy 1 round and came out unscratched.

its not like it took 1 guy 4 rounds to win and came out of the fight with a messed up arm, and took the other guy 1 round and came out unscratched.

I'm sorry, did he win?

No. He lost both, CONVINCINGLY.

I'm not quite sure what the point you're getting at is here...

EDIT: Oh sorry I get it now. I'm a white belt on the forum. No Silva can't wrestle. He has nearly unbeatable TDD (and before you say it, yes, Sonnen brings a better wrestling game than Jones), pinpoint accurate striking, and a far superior command of distance. What makes you think Jones will get away with any of the shit he pulled on Shogun, Machida, or Vitor? It's cool that you're a fan of Jones and all, and good for you, but at least try to assess the matchup in a slightly more unbiased fashion.

Sonnen is not as fast, athletic, tall, strong or GOOD AT MMA-APPLICABLE-WRESTLING as Jones is, guy.

i didnt know there werent levels of convincinglyness

Personally, four rounds of domination and a sub is more convincing to me than a flash KO.

See: Cain vs. JDS 1
The see: Cain vs. JDS 2

After the first fight I had questions. After the second, I don't.

Vitor could very well prefer to fight Jones over Anderson, but that fact has nothing to do with who is the better fighter between Anderson and Jon.
I disagree with your opinion that Vitor of tonight could be Jones. Jones is very different fighter than Bisping. Jones demolished Vitor with one arm.

ftr vitor came into the fight with a broken hand.

not saying belfort should win the rematch but the only reason jones had 1 arm was because of vitor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back