Vitargo

Chad Hamilton

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Would Vitargo be a good thing to use for reloading after a weigh in?

I want to cut about 8 - 10 lbs starting 48 hrs out from a fight.

Anyone used it?

Although I'm just curious, I would appreciate only educated answers please.

I don't know what vitrargo is, what does it contain?

I have not tried to rehydrate before a fight, but I have read a few things about loading up with water. Two ways might help (don't do this the first time for a fight, try it before in case you get bloated or don't rehydrate at all).

First is drinking glycerin, at least I think thats what it is. I used to sell it at GNC and nobody would buy it because nobody knew what it was. It was meant to hydrate you more than not taking it. You would mix a certain amount in water or a shake and drink that instead of the shake itself. It was supposed to promote water retention and hydration. I only tried it a few times, and it did seem to work for me. I didn't urinate that much and I seemed to be less thirsty than normal. A study showed that in one marathon in Mexico 3 elite athletes used it and 2 didn't. The weather was incredibly hot, and the 3 that took it were the only ones that finished the race.

Lastly is bicarbonate loading. You mix sodium bicarbonate in water and drink that. It is supposed to promote more water retention than water alone. If you google it you can find instructions and tables showing how much to add and how much to drink.

I would assume this would help, but I have never tried it or heard of anybody trying it for a fight. I think it is more popular in endurance sports and have heard of runners and soccer players using it.

I use it and it has worked well for me.I havn't bloated from it and I get it pretty cheap I think 27 bucks for the big one.I have used v12 swole cee and other things and I like it more.But everyones body responds different.After weighing in I'm not sure but for lifting I realy like it but I use a different brand

Rjkd12 said:
I don't know what vitrargo is, what does it contain?

I have not tried to rehydrate before a fight, but I have read a few things about loading up with water. Two ways might help (don't do this the first time for a fight, try it before in case you get bloated or don't rehydrate at all).

First is drinking glycerin, at least I think thats what it is. I used to sell it at GNC and nobody would buy it because nobody knew what it was. It was meant to hydrate you more than not taking it. You would mix a certain amount in water or a shake and drink that instead of the shake itself. It was supposed to promote water retention and hydration. I only tried it a few times, and it did seem to work for me. I didn't urinate that much and I seemed to be less thirsty than normal. A study showed that in one marathon in Mexico 3 elite athletes used it and 2 didn't. The weather was incredibly hot, and the 3 that took it were the only ones that finished the race.

Lastly is bicarbonate loading. You mix sodium bicarbonate in water and drink that. It is supposed to promote more water retention than water alone. If you google it you can find instructions and tables showing how much to add and how much to drink.

I would assume this would help, but I have never tried it or heard of anybody trying it for a fight. I think it is more popular in endurance sports and have heard of runners and soccer players using it.

Glycerine, yeah, I read about that. I bought some but have yet to use it. It's kind of expensive at my weight.

I used to know some swimmers who would "soda load" on the baking soda. It's supposed to work, but try it before your fight, because it could cause some stomach distress.

Back