Vitamins...?

I take a multi-vitamin after breakfast, but a few minutes after I take it my stomach doesn't feel good, like motion sickness feeling. Should I drink more water, should I take it while I'm eating?

Sonny said:
It could be the Vitamin you're taking. Certain brands of multis give me stomach problems. Try taking it with your meal and if that doesn't try a different brand!

Thanks for the advice man, I thought it was just me. : (

I really like the GNC Mega Man Green. It's $36 a bottle, but I only take 2 tablets a day, so it lasts 90 days. I don't go out the extra cash on any supplements but this one. It just kicks ass. It has everything.

What is another good vitamin that is a little on the cheaper side?

Check eBay for the Mega Men formula. You can probably get if for around $20 after shipping ($27 retail before shipping).

That's the cheapest Time Release formula I know of for now. Puritan's Pride will cycle back on with their Buy 3 get 1 Free sale.

Don't know about cheap but I like any whole food vitamin.

You don't have to take them with food but most vit's I would anyway.

Maybe the pill is too big. You could try physically smaller pills. I've had that problem too.

what do u guys think of this multi-vitamin? it has 1.3g of greens, some digestive enzymes, some probiotics and is even a multi-vitamin to boot :D

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=B9CA145132694A0294CB11D30A5760C2&PID=617&np=1

click on the "more info" tab.. and just look at those nutrition facts! :eek:

when they run those killer 3 for 1 sales.. you can get 720 pills for $50 which will last u approx 8 months.. or if u wana 1440 pills for $100 which will last u 16months...

but right now.. it's a little more expensive.. just a little.. :wink:

Thats the direction you need to go sudo...even though the greens and such are in small amounts...you're on the right track.

I bought a "save on osco multivitamin" which compares to centrum or some crap for like 30 bucks for 360 tabs. One a day, will last all year. I have a decent diet so my multi should just fill in a few gaps.

You feel sick because you are getting a ton of vitamins real quick on an empty stomach which can irritate it. Iron is especially known for irritating stomaches. Most "tummy friendly" multies don't have iron in them. You should take it with food because it will help the bad feeling. I had the same thing in highschool and it took a few days for me to realize I felt sick every morning for 20 mins because of that.

I read before that you should take it with food because you need fat to digest to absorb your fat soluble vitamins. I have no idea if this is true, but it kinda makes sense. So that may be another reason why to take it with food.

Do you prefer Mega Man multi or their Mega Man Sport? Also does it really matter when i take it during the day, it says to take it twice a day with food but wouldnt i want this in my system before i workout?

codysweet02 said:
Do you prefer Mega Man multi or their Mega Man Sport? Also does it really matter when i take it during the day, it says to take it twice a day with food but wouldnt i want this in my system before i workout?

Mega Man is already overloaded. My Ultra Mega Green recommends taking 3 caps a day, but it's so overloaded, up until recently, I have only actually been taking one. When my ZMA runs out, I won't buy more, since there's already zinc in my multi, I'll just keep taking two: one in the morning, one after I workout.

If the Mega Man is so ridiculously overloaded, I don't even have to look, I bet the Sport probably skates the line of toxic levels of the fat solubles.

Madmick said:
I really like the GNC Mega Man Green. It's $36 a bottle, but I only take 2 tablets a day, so it lasts 90 days. I don't go out the extra cash on any supplements but this one. It just kicks ass. It has everything.

That is the same multi-vit I take

I take Animal Pak and I noticed if I ate while taking them I never got a stomach ache. and I would just drink a lot of water after I finished taking them all.

aye.. is it normal to feel kinda fatigued after taking a multi?.. cuz i think whenever i take a multi i feel really tired.. it could be bcuz i take it with my lunch and ppl usually get tired a little past noon time.. but i feel fatigued even when i take it again in the evening

could it be my body's like "holy crap!.. too many vitamins to digest!" and it drains my energy or what? :D

Back