Vitaly Minakov training at American top team

DDx2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Does it mean anything? Probably yes, because if he had planned to take another fairly meaningless fight in Fight Nights Global, he wouldn't be going to so expensive camp and just stayed and traind at home as usual. He didn't say there his next fight is gonna be, but did mentioned that he's in negotiations with 3 promotions and his next fight can be in America, Russia or in "America camed to Russia".

Alexei Kudin is 3-1 since losing to Mokhnatkin.. i think he's Minakov's next opponent. Good fight.
Heavyweight division NEEDS him.
Well that sucks for UFC because apparently Bellator isn't releasing him from their contract anytime soon.

Awful choice he should of trained at Edmund 's camp

Ivanov did not look good in the UFC so now
Minakov is the next potential HW champ.

Alexei Kudin is 3-1 since losing to Mokhnatkin.. i think he's Minakov's next opponent. Good fight.
unlikely. he left Eagles not exactly on good terms and Fight Nights have deep association with them. also when FNG's president Kamil Gadzhiev was talking about key fighters who would stay with organization despite financial difficulties he didn't mentioned Minakov.

According to insider information, Vitaly Minakov will hold his next fight, as part of the Russian promotion of the RCC.
one of the options for him, yes

unlikely. he left Eagles not exactly on good terms and Fight Nights have deep association with them. also when FNG's president Kamil Gadzhiev was talking about key fighters who would stay with organization despite financial difficulties he didn't mentioned Minakov.
Maybe not at FNG, but i guess Kudin would be able to fight at RCC too, he fought at other promotion recently..

Kudin is running out of opponents in the Russian MMA scenario, he already fought everyone.. Mokhnatkin, Pavlovich, Kharitonov, Agaev, Pesta.. the US/BR journeymen who have been fighting there too.. would be the perfect time for Minakov-Kudin.

Great, so he can receive hi-level training to can crush in Siberia?

What a waste of talent.

Ivanov did not look good in the UFC so now
Minakov is the next potential HW champ.

Volkov didn't look good in his first UFC fight either (and that was against Timothy Johnson, not JDS) and now he's top 5 and in line for a title shot.

... and Minakov knocked him out in 2 minutes.

Minakov could give any top 5 ufc hw trouble would love minakov vs stipe.

He has a contract to fulfill.... go to Bellator and finish it up and stop fighting once a year in Russia.

Isn't RCC where Aleks fight?

Feed him to Minakov.

He has a contract to fulfill.... go to Bellator and finish it up and stop fighting once a year in Russia.
No, Bellator should pay him accordingly or release him.. Bellator released Eddie, why they aren't doing the same for Minakov?

Never lilked ATT"s logo it looks like a silhouette that could be used for the special olympics

When I hear people praising Vitaly Minakov as the next future HW champ, I have to wonder how many of his fights they've watched?

I'm a huge fan of Minakov and not only because I'm Russian, and have seen 15 of his 21 fights.

He would certainly be a top 10, possibly top 5 contender in the UFC given how thin the division is. But champion? Right now, Minakov's big problem is how easy he is to hit in the stand-up, as well as how vulnerable his chin is.

Journeyman DJ Linderman had Minakov BADLY hurt on multiple occasions in their match, and that's no aberration. Minakov has excellent grappling, with an array of takedowns from a shot or clinch, but guys with decent grappling have managed to neutralize him for long stretches. Furthermore, Minakov doesn't have the best cardio, gassing after round 2.

Would I feel confident that Minakov could beat a Derrick Lewis? Honestly, no. Minakov would have a chance thanks to his powerful right hand, but with Lewis' solid takedown defense and decent cardio, he probably gets caught 60-70% of the time right now.

Similarly, against someone like Curtis Blaydes, Minakov gets outpointed in a decision.

Yes, Minakov beat Volkov almost 5 years ago. Since that time, Volkov has improved massively as a fighter. (Don't forget also that Volkov lost to a 40 year-old Cheick Kongo 1.5 years AFTER losing to Minakov...did that make Kongo an elite heavyweight?) Minakov, sad to say, has only improved slightly.

Obviously, as a fan of the guy, I hope Minakov joins ATT full-time, goes to the UFC or at least back to Bellator, improves his skills, and has many great fights against top guys. But I have to be honest about where he is right now.

Back