Vitaly Minakov Consensus #1 Ranked HW. Agree?

First thing I thought of after his five rnd decision on Cheick Kongo. Uh-oh my sarcasm makes me a zuffa zombie.

You see pushing 40 kongo is really good now in his prime only a bias person would disagree. But if we were to say Kongo is really good five years ago well then we would be a zuffa zombies. One of the morons from this thread would e picking apart his UFC resume.

The defensive shills in this forum are just as bad as Zuffa zombies and they are the absolutely worst. Picking apart other fighters resume which have better resume hands down.

LOL seriously when your defensive and picking apart Derrick Lewis of all people's resume in defense of a guy you think is absolutely number one then it's gone to a very funny almost sad level.

Which predictable shill wants to post the Gif of Kongo dropping Brown pride from over a half a decade thinking they are proving some point in regards to Vitaly-Kongo or UFC shills? Obviously cant be the guy talking about out of primes.

Everybody agree that UFC HW is shallow and full of old fighters.

Miocic defeat Arlovski and Hunt to get the tittle shot, both olds and out of prime.

Arlovski and Hunt are out of prime. fact.
They're still better than all of Minakov's opponents though. Hell, isn't a past prime Kongo Minakov's best win? I'm a fan of him, but no, just no.

Hunt has looked better in the last couple years than he ever has. Fact..

Not for me, its just Hunt hasn't been facing anyone who has both good wrestling AND submission ability like Fedor and Barnett.

He was poor in Dream and his UFC debut when he was very undertrained but the same was not true in Pride where we saw very similar skills both standing and grappling with the advantage Hunt was quicker with far better cardio.

As far as Minakov goes no he obviously isn't the #1 in terms of results but skill wise I do think he'd be an interesting fight for anyone at HW. Kongo obviously isn't among the best in the division but as we saw a few times in the UFC he isn't easy to TKO on the ground.

its not crazy at all to think he would beat stipe so... Maybe?

Minakov is the best HW outside of UFC.
Without a doubt.

Troll thread, try harder.

He would have a decent shot if he could ever get to the UFC, until then don't really know.

Rampage is ranked #1 HW outside the UFC right now (yeah its nonsense but still). If Minakov is still outside the UFC would like to see that fight get made.

I think Vitaly is a top 10 HW and as such could win the UFC HW title on any given night. I do not think its possible to put him as #1 however.

Vitaly has had a couple of long periods of down time, beat up some inferior foes, and hasn't really had his chin tested which could prove to be a huge issue if he waits much longer to jump in with the top guys.

Skill wise he looks as good as anyone but when I saw Fabricio vs Stipe on the horizon I thought Stipe was out matched on paper and he still walked away with the title. Hard to call it at the HW level.

Back