VITALY MINAKOV 22-1

If you can read in Russian Minakov says in interview for Sport Express in December of 2020 that he was booked to fight Linton Vassel at event in Italy (but he can't remember why he didn't fought there and also mentions that there were another opponent, but it's not clear he talks about this event or some previous).

Mistreatment? He signed exlusive contract, but then changed his mind and, probably decided to wait until his contract expires while taking fights in promotion owned by his friend. Plus, I've seen he said that Bellator was offering him fights.
Minakov is 100% to blame for this. He doesn't want to get booked in America since he loses 20% to his old agent because he lost the court case and he has a history of being untrustworthy with his contracts.

Visa issues are not an issue anymore since he fought twice in America in 2019, then when he lost the court case in Feb. 2020, he suddenly can't get the visa to America. Ya right.

Minakov is 100% to blame for this. He doesn't want to get booked in America since he loses 20% to his old agent because he lost the court case and he has a history of being untrustworthy with his contracts.

Visa issues are not an issue anymore since he fought twice in America in 2019, then when he lost the court case in Feb. 2020, he suddenly can't get the visa to America. Ya right.

Kind of a weird situation, but what does Bellator care about feeding Minakov's ex manager? Just book him exclusively in Europe, they do shows there all the time, shouldn't be hard to keep him active if he wants it.

Kind of a weird situation, but what does Bellator care about feeding Minakov's ex manager? Just book him exclusively in Europe, they do shows there all the time, shouldn't be hard to keep him active if he wants it.
Well, he's fighting this month. I feel like that's going to be the plan. Now that they're doing Euro shows again? Poof, Minakov.

He's one of the best HW in the world but I don't think he ever fights in the ufc. if he does he's probably missed his prime already at 36 and he doesn't seem hungry enough give he takes years between fights.

He still needs visa to fight in this European countries (regarding event in Italy he said that he didn't remember why he wasn't fighting -- event was canceled or Italy stopped giving visas to Russians/allowing them in). Also look at Bellator schedule in 2021 -- all European events are happening in October and November -- I don't think Vitaly will agree to fight that often.

I remember even Taktarov said something regarding situation, like Volkov is fighting legit competition in UFC while Minakov chose to fight in Russia in mma promotion of his friend instead of fighting big names/big fighters/legit competition.

And some answers here are weird as hell -- like UFC often allows their champs to sign with other promotions. From what I understand Ali Isaev still can't get out of PFL to sign with UFC. Reznikov with 1 fight left on his contract can't leave ACA and they doesn't book him for months (not sure if he can get visa and sign with big promotions, I am pretty sure he said that he spend time in jail or even prison).

Also, as far as I remember, ex-manager of Minakov said that when he was asking Vitaly about fighting in Bellator, Vitaly answered that he will fight there soon but in reality it's his fighs in Russia that were announced soon. And manager said that thanks to this lies from Vitaly, relationship between manager, his fighters (Shlemenko, Koreshkov) and Bellator are worsened.

So, some info from interviews.
After this fight there will be 3 fights left on his contract; without visa he may retire before next event in Russia of Bellator; takes hia mma career now more serious -- before it was more like a hobby for him; that thing with ex-manager Zhernakov is settled; motivated to become Bellator champ again, says that wants to have this belt with new design at his home.

Back