VITALY MINAKOV 22-1

Vampire life

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hasn't fought in 2 years
Has a dad bod and mean looking face
22-1. I checked his record out, it's not scrubs.

What do you guys think?
I think he's UFC material. Has a fight soon.

back when he KO'd Volkov i thought he looked like a world beater, but every fight after that he looked worse and worse. he gasses pretty quickly now from what i remember the last time i saw him fight.

Where is his “soon fight”? With that record I’d expect it to be in the UFC.

Nope, I actually just googled the guy. His nickname is “the new emporer”. Lol, Fedor fans should love that shit.

If you are not already in the UFC, there is a reason for that. Either you are not good enough. You don’t believe enough in yourself to make the jump. Or they don’t want you.

If he makes the jump, I might give a damn.

9/10 of his posts on ig are about some local issue in his city or pictures with him and family. Obv doesn't take training too seriously anymore and is just a part time fighter at best at this point. But yeah, if he was serious he would have likely been on top of the HW division during Stipe's era.

Hes fighting oct 23 in bellator. The card thats fedors last fight

MMA_fighter_Vitaly_Minakov.jpg

Russian Stipe :p:p

Nope, I actually just googled the guy. His nickname is “the new emporer”. Lol, Fedor fans should love that shit.

If you are not already in the UFC, there is a reason for that. Either you are not good enough. You don’t believe enough in yourself to make the jump. Or they don’t want you.

That, or maybe they dont want to fight for 12k/12k.

They all look like killers before they join UFC. Once they do, they either go 0-3, or USADA busts their ass and they get cut. Remember Ivan Shtyrkov ?

Yeah.

Vitaly Minakov tried to leave Bellator for the UFC in 2015 after he successfully defended his Bellator HW title.

Unfortunately he had too much pride to lose the title and quickly fight out his lengthy Bellator contract like Volkov did. Minakov was undefeated at the time and understandably wanted to keep his 0 but this in turn meant he would be under Bellator contract in perpetuity due to the champ clause.

Eventually Bellator stripped him of the HW title but it did not matter since he still had something like 8 fights left on his contract and had been violating the contract by fighting for Fight Nights Global during the contract dispute.

I think he hired Ali and ended up getting a pretty good deal but he is too expensive for Bellator to book unless there is a live gate; so he has not fought since the COVID pandemic began.

I think he will end up fighting in the UFC but it will take him at least two more years to fight out his Bellator contract and he is already 36 so him winning a UFC HW title will probably be unrealistic but it is possible.

Last edited:

which of those reasons is the one Fedor never fought in the UFC?

Vitaly Minakov tried to leave Bellator for the UFC in 2015 after he defended successfully defended his Bellator HW title.

Unfortunately he had too much pride to lose the title and quickly fight out his lengthy Bellator contract like Volkov did. Minakov was undefeated at the time and understandably wanted to keep his 0 but this in turn meant he would be under Bellator contract in perpetuity due to the champ clause.

Eventually Bellator stripped him of the HW title but it did not matter since he still had something like 8 fights left on his contract and had been violating the contract by fighting for Fight Nights Global during the contract dispute.

I think he hired Ali and ended up getting a pretty good deal but he is too expensive for Bellator to book unless there is a live gate; so he has not fought since the COVID pandemic began.

I think he will end up fighting in the UFC but it will take him at least two more years to fight out his Bellator contract and he is already 36 so him winning a UFC HW title will probably be unrealistic but it is possible.
Lol too expensive? Bellator has deep pockets they could afford any fighter out there if they REALLY wanted to. Some of these myths perpetuated by UFC casuals are hilarious

k_nS6j.gif

0/10 troll post gramps. Past your bed time hit the sack.

He tried to make the jump and the UFC absolutely would have been interested but Bellator didn't let him leave. Tim Johnson was competitive with a lot of upper echelon UFC guys but watching him fight Minakov was like watching a small child try and fight a grown man.

If he was in the UFC tomorrow he'd be instantly top 5.

That, or maybe they dont want to fight for 12k/12k.

I believe they'd offer good money for Minakov, a former Bellator champion with that record in the HW division isn't getting offered 12/12 imo.

Lol too expensive? Bellator has deep pockets they could afford any fighter out there if they REALLY wanted to. Some of these myths perpetuated by UFC casuals are hilarious

Their booking of him is a bit sporadic but it's mostly down to visa issues I think. He's probably also awkward to book because I don't think he wants to become champion and get tied into another championship clause so you're booking the guy who's clearly the best fighter in the division but doesn't want to be champion.

He tried to make the jump and the UFC absolutely would have been interested but Bellator didn't let him leave. Tim Johnson was competitive with a lot of upper echelon UFC guys but watching him fight Minakov was like watching a small child try and fight a grown man.

If he was in the UFC tomorrow he'd be instantly top 5.

I believe they'd offer good money for Minakov, a former Bellator champion with that record in the HW division isn't getting offered 12/12 imo.

They're booking of him is a bit sporadic but it's mostly down to visa issues I think. He's probably also awkward to book because I don't think he wants to become champion and get tied into another championship clause so you're booking the guy who's clearly the best fighter in the division but doesn't want to be champion.

Yeah, for Minakov they would probably pay good money. However, that is not the case with every legit fighters fighting outside the UFC.

Yeah, for Minakov they would probably pay good money. However, that is not the case with every legit fighters fighting outside the UFC.

No that's for sure true. Kerimov is probably a top 5 BW in the world and they obviously didn't offer him his worth.

Back