Visiting Texas

bcordova

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Happy Holidays folks. I am currently on a trip in Texas. Visiting the area I grew up as a young kid. Kinda fun, visited the old house I grew up in and the church my dad was the pastor at. Pretty cool blast from the past. Anyway, I am looking for suggestions for epic Texas bbq in the Houston area. Heading back up to Houston tonight and want to get some good dinner before heading over to New Orleans. I am counting on you sherdog.

Why would you go back to that pos?

i was in texas recently, and had an awesome time.

it's not close to houston, but if you're around austin, you should try checking out black's in lockhart. it's about a twenty-minute drive south of austin.

i'm sure that houston will have plenty of choices as well .

1feat.jpg

Mardi Gras coming soon. I'll be ready to welcome the tourists. :p

I'm headed to New Orleans right now. Just went thru Houston and we try to spend as little time possible there.

I'm headed to New Orleans right now. Just went thru Houston and we try to spend as little time possible there.

can i ask why?

i've never been, but i have friends who live in sugarland.

I'll be living in Houston for 6 months next year. Is it really that bad?

The place next to the giant armadillo statue is pretty damn good -get a pecan pie too.

just google "armadillo statue bbq houston texas"

EDIT: I did -I beieve it's called "goodes"

Fact: 127% of people from Houston get cancer in their lifetime. Austin is the only place in Texas worth living. As for BBQ, it is very difficult to find a bad BBQ place in Texas.

Fact: 127% of people from Houston get cancer in their lifetime. Austin is the only place in Texas worth living. As for BBQ, it is very difficult to find a bad BBQ place in Texas.

great seems like houston is no good

Austin, dfw and some regions of H town for the fact the areas are really nice there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back