• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Violence against children in fiction

Steve Rogers

Mistress Kate's slave
Banned
Reaction score
It's bad enough when that shit's implied but when it's actually described or shown on screen in graphic detail, then I get queasy. That scene in the movie Doctor Sleep (I'm sure those who've seen the movie know the scene I'm talking about) traumatised me for life. I never wanna see that movie ever again as long as I live. I'm afraid that now the boundaries of what is acceptable to show being done to children on screen will eventually be pushed even further. Thoughts?

Have not seen the movie but it does bother me how people cannot tell the difference between physical abuse and case specific appropriate physical punishment.

A firm hand when justified is different to being a violent idiot who knows no other means of disciplining a child.

I cried
tumblr_m3zwoaL7Wz1qc5s9to2_500.gifv

I was far more offended that the movie dared to try & sequel a bona fide classic like The Shining, only to absolutely suck donkey balls.

The extended kid torture scene was just more icing on the shit cake. Hack filmmakers trying to be edgy, in place of doing anything creative to be scary, like in ya know... an actual good horror movie.

I was far more offended that the movie dared to try & sequel a bona fide classic like The Shining, only to absolutely suck donkey balls.
that's the worst is when there is a masterpiece by a titan of cinema and then some mediocrity is like, "naw man, I'm going to do my version."

the worst offenses I can think of are The Shining, Solaris, and Psycho.

that's the worst is when there is a masterpiece by a titan of cinema and then some mediocrity is like, "naw man, I'm going to do my version."

D38-A62-E8-036-B-41-F8-A277-2-BDBB32-DE96-C.jpg

^^
The guy who thought he needed to improve upon Stanley Fucking Kubrick

Don’t know the scene, but I do love the episode in It’s always Sunny where make and Charlie beat the shit out of some kids

Can't kill kids in Elder scrolls or Fallout. Todd and his sweet lies.

Bud, did you you just like my post before I posted it? LMAO @dildos

Back