Vintage Boxing Gloves

@joeboebeefy
I'm a collector of old boxing gear. I have to tell you, it's a niche within a niche.

the market for Everlast, Seyer, and a few others is quite high. Other lesser known brands can drum up interest as well. I would set a price, not auction, and see who finds you. it may take some time. I don't really sell much any more, just collect pieces for my personal collection. it's really hard to say what it might go for.

@Minowafanatic @makedansure thank you guys! yeah they were a bargain I got them for £10, I was thinking of selling them on eBay though as I'm pretty strapped for cash at the moment, how much do you reckon I could get for them?
I may be interested in buying these from you. Send me a direct message if you’re interested in selling and can ship to the U.S.

@Minowafanatic @makedansure thank you guys! yeah they were a bargain I got them for £10, I was thinking of selling them on eBay though as I'm pretty strapped for cash at the moment, how much do you reckon I could get for them?
@joeboebeefy Also, how is the padding in these gloves? I know it’s not going to be great, but is it at least still soft? Sometimes these older gloves will get water damage, typically from sweat, and it will make the padding almost feel like sand where it’s real grainy and rough. It seems to happen most often to the padding around the wrists. If the padding is still in decent shape and there are no big rips or tears in the gloves anywhere, I’d be willing to pay around $100 USD for them (but it would also depend on how much it would cost for shipping to the U.S.).

@joeboebeefy
I'm a collector of old boxing gear. I have to tell you, it's a niche within a niche.

the market for Everlast, Seyer, and a few others is quite high. Other lesser known brands can drum up interest as well. I would set a price, not auction, and see who finds you. it may take some time. I don't really sell much any more, just collect pieces for my personal collection. it's really hard to say what it might go for.
Yesterday I opened my old instagram account that I made and abandoned a year or two ago, and saw your balksing account again and was like "oh, is that makedansure?" and, now I know that it is!

@joeboebeefy Also, how is the padding in these gloves? I know it’s not going to be great, but is it at least still soft? Sometimes these older gloves will get water damage, typically from sweat, and it will make the padding almost feel like sand where it’s real grainy and rough. It seems to happen most often to the padding around the wrists. If the padding is still in decent shape and there are no big rips or tears in the gloves anywhere, I’d be willing to pay around $100 USD for them (but it would also depend on how much it would cost for shipping to the U.S.).
Hey man, sent you a PM the other day, not sure if you've seen it

Here's some Leone gloves made in Italy sometime in the 1970s, they're my only super nice vintage gloves:

leone.jpg

Here are some random old gloves I've picked up:

oldschool.jpg

I don't know anything about the two pairs of St Peter's gloves other than they're made in England. The brown on the right is made by Grasshopper Sports in 1969 in England. I don't know anything about the red one but I assume they aren't that old, maybe like 20 yearsish, they are hair padded and the fit is nice in them.

I got these recently, some John Golomb gloves he made for the Shinola brand in 2015, so not vintage but they're gloves that are just for show anyway:

golomb.jpg

Also here are my Everlast 4905 bag mitts made in the USA. The Everlast factory closed in 2003 iirc so probably only made a little bit before that. I use these, I like the fit and the feel of the foam padding a lot, the leather is thick on these too:

everlast.png

Those red gloves are beautiful, and the mitts are pretty sweet too. Great collection.
I've been looking, myself, for a pair of vintage red gloves like that, but I haven't found any yet that fit what I'm looking for.

<{titihmm}> I have a pair of these fight gloves in RED and WHITE but in better condition. Easily the best GRANT fight gloves in terms of " cut " or " pattern " I also have training gloves from the same era. When the fight gloves go kaput ( they are in rotation for mitt work and double end bag stuff ) I might send them off to Top Boxer but more likely the 1 vs 1 guy who does the custom stuff for Adidas to get " cloned " and then I will prob make a 16 oz and 10 oz version of this GOAT fight glove.

I almost purchased a full Los Dos MM kit gloves groin protector and head guard. But I decided against it. Knowing myself I wouldn't be able to just display it. I would actually use it.
How old are those Grants? They look like they were made by Hernandez.

picked these gloves up on the central coast of California. What a beautiful place, and what beautiful gloves.

Got them in a package deal. The guy was a former fighter, fought in smokers in the san fernando valley back in the day. After a bout, a promoter stiffed him his dues so he took the gloves that he used during the fight and went his way.

One gripe about these fight gloves is that the thumb connector is not leather, but not a big deal. Beautiful color, and definitely feel like they were the early grant fight gloves' predecessors.

Label says they were made for MM, wonder if that language is a formality, or if MM used an out of house manufacturer to have these made. Only pair of MM fight gloves I've seen, in photos or in person.

Hey dude, that’s the address for Seyer. These MM’s were made by Seyer, 100%.

Those red gloves are beautiful, and the mitts are pretty sweet too. Great collection.
I've been looking, myself, for a pair of vintage red gloves like that, but I haven't found any yet that fit what I'm looking for.
Still looking?

Back