Vigilantes who don't kill

Punisher has the worst rouge's gallery of any superhero and it weakens him somehow...

...because he kills them all.

Bats wouldn't be shit without Joker, Penguin and the like...the only reason they are developed baddies is because they live to crime another day and develop stories to flesh them out

Closest Punisher has to a nemisis is Daredevil (a snowflake hero) and Kingpin (a guy who sends his minions)
Don't know much about Daredevil besides him being a blind ninja. What makes him a "snowflake hero"?

Batman not killing Joker has less to do with morality than Plot Armour. Can you imagine the Nerd-Jihad that would happen if Bat's finally killed the Clown Prince off for good? Not to mention the writers would then have to think up a new arch-enemy for Batman.

But yeah, I've always preferred the Punisher or Judge Dredd to pussies like the, "Dark" Knight. As Frank himself puts it,

"You hit them and they get back up, I hit them and they stay down!"

Punisher has the worst rouge's gallery of any superhero and it weakens him somehow...

Bats wouldn't be shit without Joker, Penguin and the like...the only reason they are developed baddies is because they live to crime another day and develop stories to flesh them out

Closest Punisher has to a nemisis is Daredevil (a snowflake hero) and Kingpin (a guy who sends his minions)

Judge Dredd has the same, "problem" as one writer complained, it's hard to write for Dredd because you have to keep coming up with new bad guys...most of whom don't survive their first encounter with Dredd. That's why they eventually had to create Judge Death as Dredd's arch-enemy; Death was a zombie, so Dredd could never kill him off for good,

"You cannot kill what does not live!"

Han Solo was a cool vigilante because he wouldn’t hesitate to end a life if needed.

Even the Jedi killed.

It is stupid that people get mad at wolverine for killing a mass murderer like Magneto. Never made sense to me

Han shot first:cool:

2CC4338D00000578-3250078-The_Guardian_Angels_an_anti_crime_vigilante_group_that_came_to_p-a-1_1443628426857.jpg
i'll see your frauds, and raise you with a real subway hero

uldL556.jpg

Some heroes are well equipped to not kill. Guys like Spider-man are super fast compared to robbers, and he has webs stronger than steel.

He believes in rehabilitation, due process and all that other crap;)
Not much due process when he's kicking robbers in the face and smashing their heads in with his sticks/clubs/whatever.

One thing I find funny with a lot of comic fans is that if a real life cop gets a little rough with a person he's arresting, people jump at the chance to cry "police brutality" yet they cheer for comic vigilantes who beat criminals to the point where they'd have to be hospitalized for a month.

Yeah it’s dumb. But I love the show. Still, there was one scene where he was in deep shit and he took a gun off a bad guy. Then he just pulled it apart. I was thinking “you know, you could have just used that gun and solved all your problems.”

i'll see your frauds, and raise you with a real subway hero

uldL556.jpg

Guy looks like Tobey Maguire.

Some heroes are well equipped to not kill. Guys like Spider-man are super fast compared to robbers, and he has webs stronger than steel.

That's a good point. Super powered guys like Spiderman or Luke Cage wouldn't have to kill usually because the bad guys can't even hurt them.

You have given this way too much thought. They are just trying to instill ethical behavior in young people.
If you really want to be pedantic, you could just argue that a (real) vigilante's task is to stop a perpetrator in the act of committing whatever offense using the bare minimum amount of force. Presumably the cops would take it from there, i.e Spidey gift-wrapping crooks.

With a modicum of training it's not required to exert lethal force to incapacitate someone. See: bouncers

Superhero films/comics are for kids, realism isn't a factor. Their popularity in the last decade is based on childhood nostalgia and the people that watch this movies don't give a shit about logic.

You would think “Captain America Must’ve killed a couple Nazis during WW2.”

Guess he didn’t

Punisher Only kills the worst of the worst, I never understood the hate he got.

Nazis aren't considered human. Fair game for instilling a healthy moral framework in the kiddies who read comics.

So the guy--the guy who kills so many, so often--me he decides not to kill. Me he decides to just put through a window again and again and again. Frank Castle just kinda drives me a little crazy, see?

- Jigsaw

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_Russo_(Earth-616)

Not as bad as that show arrow where his buddy diggle was shooting people at point blank range but not killing them
Well, in the first two seasons, Oliver was a bad bad man. No qualms about putting some criminal scum down.
Then the writers went to Flash, and Arrow went down hill.

This is why The Punisher reigns supreme over all these supposed anti-heroes and vigilantes. He knows a permanent solution works best.

The Jokers crazy ass has killed thousands because of Batman's reluctance to kill.
A...final solution if you will. <Baelish01>

I live by a strict code that's been passed down through generations bro. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Thou shalt not kill? Picked the wrong religion there, bud - shouldda gone with Islam or maybe Judaism, which are okay with it.

Back