Vietnam making things happen...

Man the naivety of some posters. South Korea won't stand with Japan, due to historic, territorial and economic reasons. Taiwan's economy is nearly completely tied on China. Vietnam is dependent on China for import/export and electricity generation, plus they're right next door.You do know that without supplies from China and Russia, half the Mongolian population would starve to death within two months right? Do you just name your fantasy alliance and discount reality?

I said it would be nice. I fully understand the history and silliness that is East Asian politics.

SK and Japan are acting like little kids in a car trip. Anyone else in their situation would cooperate.

Taiwan is boned for the most part.

Vietnam can change it's export market, and lessen it's dependence on China. I suspect that this is already underway.

I said it would be nice. I fully understand the history and silliness that is East Asian politics.

SK and Japan are acting like little kids in a car trip. Anyone else in their situation would cooperate.

Taiwan is boned for the most part.

Vietnam can change it's export market, and lessen it's dependence on China. I suspect that this is already underway.
Vietnam is going to get destabilize by China the moment it shows any sign of joining any containment plan against China. Half of north Vietnam would go without electricity and its economy spiral down the drain. That can be done without China firing a single shot. While everyone was watching China's military might, it was going for its neighbors economic balls in case they step out of line. So far they've been very successful.

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/vietnam-p...chinas-maritime-moves-114943539--finance.html

MANILA/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Vietnam and the Philippines are determined to oppose Chinese infringement of their territorial waters, Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung said on Wednesday, calling on the world to condemn China's actions in a rare public show of unity bound to infuriate Beijing.

"It's unprecedented for Vietnam to join a U.S. ally and appeal directly for international support," he said. "It is an admission that ASEAN is not going to go to the mat on this one, so Vietnam has got to play some of the only options it has got left."
Dung's harsh words were similar to those he used at a summit of the 10-nation ASEAN in Myanmar this month in which he also urged the international community to protest against China's moves. ASEAN issued a summit communique that did not criticise China.

Chinese President Xi Jinping earlier appeared to warn some Asian nations about strengthening military alliances to counter China, saying this would not benefit regional security.

"No country should attempt to dominate regional security affairs," he said.

the irony!

Back