Vietnam making things happen...

Never come to a country and dictate or this could happen. You heard the tale never dip into another persons soup or you might be burned.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...vacuated_from_vietnam_after_deadly_riots.html

Vietnam dont' want none of that shit.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/philippines-indonesia-reach-pact-sea-dispute-23776306

Meanwhile, the philippines is still doing its rounds of fostering ties with neighboring countries & doing things by the book.

Now all they need is taiwan & they have a recipe for some aggressive negotiations against china.

almost sounds like the begining of an Oceania alliance

This is what I have been hoping for. I have been telling my wife I hope India joins but she doesn't like India (shes Filipino). All backed by US Naval and Air power (not boots).

Yep, Japan, Taiwan, SK, Vietnam, and the PI should make a NATO like alliance to contain China. Could even get Mongolia in on the action, as they don't like being stuck between China and Russia.

Yep, Japan, Taiwan, SK, Vietnam, and the PI should make a NATO like alliance to contain China. Could even get Mongolia in on the action, as they don't like being stuck between China and Russia.

The world, or at least east Asia, would be such a better place if Japan and SK could bury the hatchet. They'd be a great team despite SK's retarded little brother.

The world, or at least east Asia, would be such a better place if Japan and SK could bury the hatchet. They'd be a great team despite SK's retarded little brother.

They would, but they are morons about forgetting. Almost Muslim bad.
I like Abe, but he has got to cut out the Yasukuni visits.

Useless jibba jabba, Viatnamese authorities are going to crush the protestors the second they let down on the China hate and start demanding freedom more openly instead of subtle suggestions.

I've heard anecdotes about PLA units being rushed to the Vietnam border.....

The guy in Japan people refer to as Abe, what's his full name?

Man the naivety of some posters. South Korea won't stand with Japan, due to historic, territorial and economic reasons. Taiwan's economy is nearly completely tied on China. Vietnam is dependent on China for import/export and electricity generation, plus they're right next door.You do know that without supplies from China and Russia, half the Mongolian population would starve to death within two months right? Do you just name your fantasy alliance and discount reality?

Man the naivety of some posters. South Korea won't stand with Japan, due to historic, territorial and economic reasons. Taiwan's economy is nearly completely tied on China. Vietnam is dependent on China for import/export and electricity generation, plus they're right next door.You do know that without supplies from China and Russia, half the Mongolian population would starve to death within two months right? Do you just name your fantasy alliance and discount reality?

Mongolia's economy is doing much better now from mining. A few years ago this was definitely the case but nowadays not so much.

If China decided to be a dick about it Mongolia would suffer, but they still have enough resources to stand on their own now. Japan would love to have a better alliance with Mongolia, too bad they're so landlocked.

Besides, politics and economics are not always perfectly aligned, Taiwan seems to be comfortable trading with China while remaining politically closer to neighbouring countries.

I've heard anecdotes about PLA units being rushed to the Vietnam border.....

ChineseArtillery_1405171650011657-338x450.jpg

ChineseMilitaryBTR_1405171649331657-600x450.jpg

ChineseTank_1405180137362320.jpg

ChinaAntiTankSquad_1405180137272320.jpg

Mongolia's economy is doing much better now from mining. A few years ago this was definitely the case but nowadays not so much.

If China decided to be a dick about it Mongolia would suffer, but they still have enough resources to stand on their own now. Japan would love to have a better alliance with Mongolia, too bad they're so landlocked.

Besides, politics and economics are not always perfectly aligned, Taiwan seems to be comfortable trading with China while remaining politically closer to neighbouring countries.
Mining? How is Mongolia going to sell its minerals when China shuts down the border? Airlift it out? You still need to fly over China or Russia's airspace to get to Japan. Do you even know who buys vast majority of Mongolia's coal and other minerals? Here is a hint, not Japan. Why would anyone in the right mind in Mongolia ally with Japan at a cost of collapsing its economy and starving half their people to death?

Taiwan is firmly in China's economic grip at this point. China has hasn't resorted to using trade as a weapon yet, mainly because they know they won't have to if this keeps up. Besides, Taiwan has made considerable efforts to ease relationship with China in the past 5 years, otherwise they'd be on the target list too. There is no warm and fuzzy feelings in politics without actual money involved. It'd be naive to think otherwise.

Back