• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Video: Tyron Woodley just claimed racism on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if you didn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming "RACIST!" To every title defence and stopped trying to be your own matchmaker, people would like you more.

It's about what they said about what he said. That's what I thought. Should have actually.

It seems like he's probably a good guy but he isn't thinking through things very well, like he's tainted by all the anti white crap around him in Ferguson and he's out of touch with reality. He should move to a normal neighborhood or just a house on some acres where he can be his own man. I wonder if his wife feeds into the lies he believes.

Im not even talking about woodley here.... except to say he is called unintelligent, dumb, racist for talking about race when he is college educated and seems to be a nice guy.... hmmm i wish people held their own friends and family to that same standard

I can't speak for the rest of the world but there is data that does suggest there is a correlation between the demographics of MMA/Boxing and race in the U.S.
5yxabs.jpg

4lhthh.jpg

This study was done on Americans in 2013 but in general, Boxing has been dominated mostly by Blacks/Hispanics for the last couple decades. The demographics of the sport reflects that, not a lot of white American boxing fans but many black/hispanic Boxing fans. In MMA, you have a lot of diversity amongst the top fighters including many white American fighters, and surprise surprise, the demographics of the sport reflects that as well. Most of MMA's fanbase in the U.S. is white americans. There are also a lot of other interesting statistics from the age of fans, sex, income, even how educated they are.

We try to pretend race is not a factor but it is, it always has been and it always will. But realizing and admitting that race is a factor is not to say we are all a bunch of racists. Sure, some of it is racism, but overall, it has more to do with the fact that at our core, humans are tribal. Our subconscious is constantly bombarded with cues that identify who is “us” and “them." If an "Insert race" guy is about to watch a fight, but he knows nothing about the two fighters involved other than he sees one is of the same race and the other is not, he is more likely to root for the guy who has something in common with him. That is the casual fanbase in a nutshell.

Kind of fucked up that black and latino fans prefer sports dominated by black and latino fighters. What's that all about?

So i read the comments in the article. About what T. Wood said.

I consider those who post on ufc articles on espn the general audience. They watch here or there but not mma fanatics.

Surprisingly most comments were in defense of twood agreeing or slightly agreeing with him..

Is this a good look for the ufc?

Has Dana responded to his claims?

Or is he still busy acting like hes going to let connor box floyd?

Lol dana rather promote connor n a boxing match then his own champions.. not just the black ones.. look at stipe and bisping they are hardly promoted either.

Bisping has been in the UFC for ever. Thrpwing more money at him isn't going to make people want to buy his PPV's. I don't understand why you guys think that throwing money at a fighter to promote them will automatically make them into a star.

If you think it's that simple then why isn't the UFC doing that for everyone? Wouldn't they want as many popular fighters as they can get? Are you suggesting that they UFC is purposely holding themselves back because they want to make less money?

breaking news!!!! MSNBC... topic of the day! RACISM... white people bad, you must feel bad for black guy or youse a racist!

Reem earns more than Stipe in their title fight. Does WB get more than Woodley?

Bisping has been in the UFC for ever. I don't understand why you guys think that throwing money at a fighter to promote them will automatically make them into a star.

If you think it's that simple then why isn't the UFC doing that for everyone? Wouldn't they want as many popular fighters as they can get? Are you suggesting that they UFC is purposely holding themselves back because they want to make less money?
UFC tries to hype and falsely promote people constantly.

Look at Sage and Conor. 2 dudes that are nowhere near the best in the world getting more attention than actual fighters.

Shit make me sick.

Bisping has been in the UFC for ever. I don't understand why you guys think that throwing money at a fighter to promote them will automatically make them into a star.

True. Then why is ufc promoting them? Heck they hardly even promote the hw champ.

UFC tries to hype and falsely promote people constantly.

Look at Sage and Conor. 2 dudes that are nowhere near the best in the world getting more attention than actual fighters.

Shit make me sick.

That's because those guys naturally brought in a lot of attention so the UFC knows if they throw money at it they can get even more. It worked and they got huge ratings on Fox.

I get it they cant just going around wasting money trying to promote someone who will never be a star.

True. Then why is ufc promoting them? Heck they hardly even promote the hw champ.

I think they only try and spend money promoting people who they see as a possibility of making it big. It cause a lot of money to promote and advertise someone it's not cheap.

Sounds like they just didn't want to be put on blast for a situation they know nothing about, while still wanting to claim to be ''educated'' on the subjetct

Worse treated champ lol. Wait so he got a gifted shot and defended against the rightful #1 guy who he fought to a draw and now he thinks he's treated bad?

Talk about entitled.

ESPN has been pretty consistently pro-BLM and pro-SJW for quite a while now, ever since being bought out by Disney Corporation. They're consistently pushing a pro-BLM or pro-SJW narrative, in order to be consistent with the politics of their new corporate overlords. I mean, honestly, why bother watching ESPN anymore? Bruce Jenner is literally more heroic that the soldiers who stormed Normandy according to ESPN. And black men always get a pass, because "we" (white men) couldn't possibly be able to judge their actions because we "don't know what it's like." Tyrone Woodley can "go Ferguson," but Thompson can't say he wants an immediate rematch for a draw, because that would be preferential treatment. #WhitePrivilege, obviously.

ESPN is absolutely trash. Tyrone Woodley is playing the race-baiting patsy, ESPN and Disney corporate executives feel glorified in their SJW elitism, and white men are supposed to just STFU.

Last edited:
We are talking about what people said in the comments section?

Damn sherdog, is it a slow news day or what?

New flash:
There is racism in the world and some people talked about it!

ESPN has been pretty consistently pro-BLM and pro-SJW for quite a while now, ever since being bought about by Disney Corporation. They're consistently pushing a pro-BLM or pro-SJW narrative, in order to be consistent with the politics of their new corporate overlords. I mean, honestly, why bother watching ESPN anymore? Bruce Jenner is literally more heroic that the soldiers who stormed Normandy according to ESPN. And black men always get a pass, because "we" (white men) couldn't possibly be able to judge their actions because we "don't know what it's like." Tyrone Woodley can "go Ferguson," but Thompson can't say he wants an immediate rematch for a draw, because that would be preferential treatment. #WhitePrivilege, obviously.

ESPN is absolutely trash. Tyrone Woodley is playing the race-baiting patsy, ESPN and Disney corporate executives feel glorified in their SJW elitism, and white men are supposed to just STFU.
You sound white and Republican

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back