Video: thoughts about my jab?

You've heard so many great points thus far, so at the risk of adding yet another point to the pile I will only say that my jab starts in my hips. When you start doing that you will feel less tension in your upper body.

You've heard so many great points thus far, so at the risk of adding yet another point to the pile I will only say that my jab starts in my hips. When you start doing that you will feel less tension in your upper body.
Eh this might cause forward leaning with the jab (which op is doing already) trying to focus on the upper body. The proper power base to start a jab is the rear foot

Eh this might cause forward leaning with the jab (which op is doing already) trying to focus on the upper body. The proper power base to start a jab is the rear foot

I've enjoyed your 2 quick smackdowns of people advocating weird jabs.

Jab is a lance, stick the hand out there as quick as possible, fall forward on it, and don't do any other weird shit.

No one said the rear foot wouldn't come into play, and for all the "mights" that can happen with any technique, there are just as many "haven't's".

I've enjoyed your 2 quick smackdowns of people advocating weird jabs.

Jab is a lance, stick the hand out there as quick as possible, fall forward on it, and don't do any other weird shit.

Like this?

Seems like what I said belongs. Perhaps you misinterpreted what was meant by hips. Obviously they are just part of the chain of motion; no over-extension, no exaggerated motion.

If this looks weird to you, then there's really not anywhere to go from here.

No one said the rear foot wouldn't come into play, and for all the "mights" that can happen with any technique, there are just as many "haven't's".
You said it starts at your hips but the feet are lower on the kinetic chain and the basis of power. You seem to be the ones who's confused Canuck

Could I see what his feet are doing in that video? It would be highly suspect to critique something that one cannot see, wouldn't you agree, Californian :)

From the hips up, I will provide as much useful feedback as I can, but to speak beyond that would be uncivilized. Who should assume? You? Me? Go for it.

Edit: Also, you may have only responded to something that directly impacting your post; something of that nature is bearable, but also, it is partial. I made reference to the kinetic chain in another post. Had you observed that, you may have seen the context, if not, it's cool, for who can keep up with sherdog? :)

Last edited:
Back