VIDEO: Thiago Alves sparring for UFC 183

Was enjoying that until Dolce stuck his face in front of the camera.

I really hope Alves has a good return and can make another run for the title. His striking is great to watch.
I miss watching this
alveslegkickskosh.gif

alveslegkickslytle.gif

Leg kicks of doom!

Last edited:
If Alves comes to the form he had against doomsday/kampmann, he could take Lawler.

The problem is the other guys between.

Skip to 0:50 to actually see him spar a bit without the Dolce gobble gobble.
Thiago is gonna get wrecked btw.

Mein via better movement and having more tools.

what make you think that?

Because Mein is a nasty dude with KO power and able to take a punch and has gotten significally better, where as Thiago has been out for a long time and he didn't impress me against Seth, he looked slow. I hope I'm wrong though, and it turns out to be a dog fight.

Thiago looked good for someone who had not had a fight in over 2 years. IMO Thiago is the best skilled striker at WW in MMA today.

Was enjoying that until Dolce stuck his face in front of the camera.
This. What an annoying little clown that guy is.

Love Thiago but that video didn't really show us anything, that was either a warmup or a cooldown. But it's good to see him back. Hopefully he'll stay healthy for once...I want to see him fight. Bad.

Thiago looked good for someone who had not had a fight in over 2 years. IMO Thiago is the best skilled striker at WW in MMA today.
He has no punching power but he's got a decent jab, great knees and probably the most vicious kick to the body/thigh pound for pound in MMA. He made a bunch of guys flip over with those kicks. I remember Koscheck for one. Plus he's an absolute monster the first 2 rounds. Impossible to take down, and especially to hold down.

Cant wait for his fight coming up

I want to see Thiago make a new title run in a division without GSP.

He has no punching power but he's got a decent jab, great knees and probably the most vicious kick to the body/thigh pound for pound in MMA. He made a bunch of guys flip over with those kicks. I remember Koscheck for one.

thiago-alves_josh-koscheck.gif

Plus he's an absolute monster the first 2 rounds. Impossible to take down, and especially to hold down.

If you watch his latest fights, he is stronger in the last round.

Everybody can get knocked out when you hit them perfectly on the temple, that's just the way we're designed. Plus Koscheck isn't exactly a great "eater". Dude has no "chin". Thiago is not a puncher, he can't floor anybody unless he hits you perfectly on the jaw/temple. And like I said, almost any UFC fighter can generate enough power to rock you if they hit you as hard as they can on your chin. Hendricks, Hunt, Nelson, those are natural punchers. They hit you in the face, you get knocked out or you get floored. I saw Thiago fight that one asian dude a while ago, he hit him with 20 straight hooks and whatnot, the guy didn't even flinch, it didn't bother him one bit. He can't knock anybody out with one punch.

Hope his cardio has improved. In the past you basically just had to survive the first round, maybe the first two rounds and he'd sort of gas. Jon Fitch pretty much laid the blueprint out there for everybody to see.

I wonder who got the worst argument: You claiming that he have "no punching power", or me posing a gif where Thiago knocks down a fighter. I could have found more.. Like the Papy fight. ect

Back