[VIDEO] Questioned asked to Bas: "Can prime Bas Rutten beaten prime Fedor ?"

This video is what makes Fedor great, imo. Bas, like just about any other human on the planet, needs to keep his thoughts straight because thinking about the consequences of losing (getting injured, being unable to feed your family, being humiliated in front of the world, etc.) can really scramble a fighter's ability to perform. 90% of humans need to distort reality to make it through the day; that's why so many fighters give interviews where they shout shit like, "I'm the best! Nobody can beat me! He's never fought someone like me!"

Fedor is in that 10% of pure mental power that don't need to distort reality to perform at his best. He doesn't need to play tricks on himself because he's got such a complete command and understanding of what is under his control and what isn't. So many interviewers would ask him, before a fight, if he thought about losing and he'd just say, "I'm fighting a very dangerous opponent, one of the best fighters in the world, and I can lose at any time. But I'm going to go out there and try my best."

And he always did. Fucking unreal. I admire his mental strength so much.

^
Mirko?

Bas in his primes looks to be an above average standup fighter. On the ground and at the clinch, Fedor in his prime will come out on top.

A prime Fedor imo beats any prime fighter in history.

Prime Fedor would have judo thrown Prime Bas to the moon and GnPd him back under the earth.

wowfedor.gif

Back