[VIDEO] Questioned asked to Bas: "Can prime Bas Rutten beaten prime Fedor ?"

bas ruttens laugh at the end sounds like his real statement to it (if win or not)

^^

So basically he said "I'll just try to convince myself I can."

The follow up question should have been what exact gameplan would you have used to beat him, and not just let him say I always think I'll win. He's commentated on many Fedor PRIDE bouts, so he could probably think up some good gameplan.

I think prime Fedor would beat a prime Bas, however you can't blame Bas for his answer at all.

No possibility. Fedor has a granite liver.

No chance, Bas didn't have a very good TDD.

Nobody should be surprised. The guy is a fighter at the end of the day, even if he hung up his gloves a long time ago.

That being said, Fedor would have roasted Bas if they fought at their respective primes. Bas was an awesome fighter but his takedown defense just wasn't there.

i can see fighters answering like that when theyre active. but when youre done with the game just say if you think youd win or lose

i say hed lose

good respectful response from Bas. Then again he's the man reckon we can always expect that.

He'd have a good shot. His stand up was technically much better than Fedor's. Not sure if he had Fedor's power, but it's not shabby either.

Since we're talking prime, then his sub game was pretty solid aswell. Don't think he'd sub Fedor, but atleast could defend well against him.

Either way awesome fight I bet.

Bas was badass, but I think a prime Fedor is just on another level mentally and physically. I really like Bas' response, though. You can't reach his status if you go into a fight with a different mentally than he described.

fedor was way bigger. bas was a kickboxer with very bad tdd. fedor could take him down to chinatown at will and overpower him easily. ragdolling bas at will.

i love bas, have his self commentated career set. no way..

As many said in here wrestling was obviously Rutten's kryptonite and honestly if he didn't have to retire after Randleman showed the key to beating him I think he would have racked up a lot of losses, especially because high-level wrestlers were beginning to become more prevalent in MMA.

Back