• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Video: NFL running back David Johnson embarasses Woodley on 40 yard dash

Straight line speed is hardly relevant for football let alone MMA. Bell and Brown of the Steelers who are considered elite players and have elite production ran pedestrian (for the NFL) 40 yard dash times.
Yeah their styles don't need good times there. But it does matter for other positions. Outside linebackers for example, and it is important for WRs running streaks and extending the field for their teammates.

Yes, because running equates to being a great fighter.

LOL

Armchair sherdog pussies who have clearly never even been in a serious fight.
I believe the embarrassment was that Tyron claims to have run a 4.4 40.

its not surprising. only people with great football skills and athleticism can make it to the nfl.

its not surprising. only people with great football skills and athleticism can make it to the nfl.
I marvel at how athletic Tyron is compared to some other wws. Just host to show there's levels to this stuff.

I believe the embarrassment was that Tyron claims to have run a 4.4 40.

He's 35 now and won't have been training to do that sort of thing for over15 years you'd assume.

I honestly think he'd beat Woodley ass

How?

Anyone who hasn't trained can have their legs kicked to shit and be able to do absolutely nothing about it even by someone 50 lbs lighter than them. Woodley could take him down any time he liked too and a BJJ novice (even a strong one) isn't lasting long on the ground.

Or would you expect Woodley to keep it standing and try and avoid hay-makers for 60 seconds until Johnson gassed out?

Good thing then that the Octagon is less than 40 yards in diameter.

Uh what? He barely beat him lmfao. That was actually impressive from tyron
Exactly what I was thinking. Not a bad showing at all considering how insanely gifted NFL running backs are.

for peeps outside of the USA who want to watch maybe this link works for yall...

lol its funny how T Wood is explosive in terms of MMA and wrestling but he is pretty slow in the 40 yard dash, homeboy slipped an overtook him with ease and T wood was exerting his hardest to run fast.

Reminds me of Jon Jones he is explosive in MMA but he can't even slam a basketball and he is 6 foot 4.

Overeem ran faster than that in the octagon.

Back