VIDEO - Johnnie Jackson deadlift 765lbs x 2 reps

Seanzilla**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nice House of Pain tanktop too !

Johnnie's getting ready to compete in the upcoming United States Powerlifting Federation's deadlift nationals. I got the chance to MC the event where he pulled 805lbs at 244lbs bodyweight (4 years ago) so I think that this show he'll break that personal record since he's looking to be on track.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/st8FEFHlInk&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/st8FEFHlInk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Stay Strong,
Sean Katterle
Owner, Hardcore Powerlifting
Moderator, - House of Pain

the powerlifting bodybuilders are pretty cool. they smash the stereotype of bodybuilders aren't strong. or at least they show that you don't have to have one or the other.

Boy, that looked pretty easy.

the powerlifting bodybuilders are pretty cool. they smash the stereotype of bodybuilders aren't strong. or at least they show that you don't have to have one or the other.

Johnnie Jackson became a pro powerlifter BEFORE he became a pro bodybuilder. So I like to think that he smashes the stereotype that powerlifters are all fat.

well you can also smash that myth by looking at the lower weight classes or any weight restricted class for that matter

Those went up easy.

Jackson seems thicker than he used to be....

Agreed. What is he, 5'5"?

I think that Johnnie Jackson is around 5'9.

I've seen him in person (even weighed him in at one event) and I'm 6' tall and I recall him not being as tall as me but he seemed pretty average in height.

Is he taller than me? :)

(Psst - Sean, it's CK, from PDX Golds.)

:)

That man is huge! Do you find that the black athletes are natural stronger than white ones?

Why are posts before bad grammar?

Thanks, I was waiting for someone to notice.

...I should've known it would be you, lover.

(Psst - Sean, it's CK, from PDX Golds.)

:)

Hey, I'll be back in Golds (now L.A. Fitness?) in a few weeks because I'm finally cleared for my heart surgery. I'm getting a defibrilator installed and then I'm good to go for cardio training for a few months and then back to resistance training. I may never be allowed to powerlift again but at this point I'll be happy with at least being able to work up to an intense conditioning program. It's been a long and kinda depressing 8 months of recovery, whew! Nice to see other PDX lifters posting up on this forum.

Didn't count... he dropped the second rep. fail!

Back