Video from My last tournament

awesome match, nice finish and good takedowns. that guy overreacted afterwards

Awesome sweep into an armbar. Is there any instructional on that sweep? Do you just underhook the leg and push with your hips? You made it look to easy.

How did you stay so composed during the fight?, I could never look at someone with a calm face and ask them what the time it is when i am competing haha.

Let alone do it every 15 secs and look at your corner like WTF!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!???!:eek:

Oh yeah and great win.

the sweep cool would love to do that sweep in training.
Armbar was good
The guys reaction = priceless.
Im sure he was just pissed that he lost to a blue belt but if he apologized afterwards thats all good.

The most impressive thing was that you pulled that off in the last 10 seconds.

Nice job and you DID let go early he has no reason to complain.

I liked how you used the half nelson to turn him over from back mount to full mount for more points. :) Nice sweep and sub at the end.

Congrats.....

that being said, that dude was a weak purple belt. And dont listen to your coach when he tells you to stall with 30 seconds left when u are up 12-0! That pissed me off just hearing it. "Hold him and stall so you win 12-0 on points" is chicken shit jiu jitsu! its not like it was an IBJJF tourney or the ADCC's. So props to you for finising the fight!

And you didnt hold it long at all no worries there either! Lots of guys (especially guys who consider themselves tougher than they are) complain when they lose.....even if they tap....sometimes just out of disbelief! Ex. Ken Shamrock UFC 1, CB Dollaway TUF 7 Finale etc.

First off nice roll and great job getting the tap right at end. I don't think you held the arm long at all.

Now not to discredit the win against a purple, but that guy did not seem like a purple belt at all. What the hell was he doing the last minute or so when he was just standing up in your guard. Was he trying to choke you while he was in your guard? That looked like some real amateur stuff right there.

On another note. I wish they would ban from people sideline reffing at competitions. It's really annoying hearing people constantly shout out commands on what to do next. It's the competitors jiu-jitsu, let him use it to win. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that gets annoyed by this?

First off nice roll and great job getting the tap right at end. I don't think you held the arm long at all.

Now not to discredit the win against a purple, but that guy did not seem like a purple belt at all. What the hell was he doing the last minute or so when he was just standing up in your guard. Was he trying to choke you while he was in your guard? That looked like some real amateur stuff right there.

On another note. I wish they would ban from people sideline reffing at competitions. It's really annoying hearing people constantly shout out commands on what to do next. It's the competitors jiu-jitsu, let him use it to win. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that gets annoyed by this?

I mean obviously if i beat him he's no Ryan hall from a couple years ago. Actually Statistically speaking, he must be in the lower 25 percentile of purple,no delusions here. And about the reffing thing, I feel like it helps me,I take what i hear as useful and let the rest become background noise.

Congrats.....

that being said, that dude was a weak purple belt. And dont listen to your coach when he tells you to stall with 30 seconds left when u are up 12-0! That pissed me off just hearing it. "Hold him and stall so you win 12-0 on points" is chicken shit jiu jitsu! its not like it was an IBJJF tourney or the ADCC's. So props to you for finising the fight!

And you didnt hold it long at all no worries there either! Lots of guys (especially guys who consider themselves tougher than they are) complain when they lose.....even if they tap....sometimes just out of disbelief! Ex. Ken Shamrock UFC 1, CB Dollaway TUF 7 Finale etc.

Let me explain,First,thats not my coach he's my teammate.Second,We went into the match with a game plan since we assumed that i would be technically outmatched. I planned to make it into a wrestling match (witch worked for the first 2 minutes) and neutralize any other position with a stand up or with slow play. When you are up 12-0 and there are 30 seconds left,people start going for heel hooks and other legs locks from a standing guard, I personally don't wanna put myself in danger of dropping a potentially good win.I went for the sub because i perceived no danger at that point.

Let me explain,First,thats not my coach he's my teammate.Second,We went into the match with a game plan since we assumed that i would be technically outmatched. I planned to make it into a wrestling match (witch worked for the first 2 minutes) and neutralize any other position with a stand up or with slow play. When you are up 12-0 and there are 30 seconds left,people start going for heel hooks and other legs locks from a standing guard, I personally don't wanna put myself in danger of dropping a potentially good win.I went for the sub because i perceived no danger at that point.

I agree with this. Strategy is part of the game, this isnt a fight to the finish or to the death. You always play your game not the other guys game. You always try to dictate the fight and not let the other guy do it. It is easier to dictate the pace when you are up on points and dont have to take stupid risks.

Anyone who thinks you shouldnt have played it safe with that many points on your side is stupid. Strategy wins fights, stupidity doesnt.

I don't think there's anything wrong at all in trying to win a match on points. We are always talking about a competition with rules... it's like blaming a soccer team because they'd rather defend a 1-0 than search the second goal.

Nice job man! Good instinct sweeping and going for that armbar in the last minute the way you did. You did let go of the armbar at a good time. He was just mad that he lost to a blue belt lol

Really good looking sweep to submission! Also, your coach is classic. lol He says everything at least twice. Reminds me of my old football coach, "We need a stop... need a stop!" "Get some pressure... Get some pressure!" haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back