Video from My last tournament

dirtroller

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
YouTube - Mens Gi Blue Belt 145-166lbs

This is a Vid from a recent tournament i entered.I believe they bumped him down a division because nobody entered the purple belt and over division. I feel like this was possibly my best tournament match so far. There were some words exchanged because he felt i didn't let go soon enough. but he came over after and we both apologized.Much respect to him as a competitor.

This is a Vid from a recent tournament i entered.I believe they bumped him down a division because nobody entered the purple belt and over division. I feel like this was possibly my best tournament match so far. There were some words exchanged because he felt i didn't let go soon enough. but he came over after and we both apologized.Much respect to him as a competitor.

Nice finish. I think you let go pretty quickly. In competition like that I can imagine people holding longer just to make sure. There was no need for him to freak out like that.

Nice finish. I think you let go pretty quickly. In competition like that I can imagine people holding longer just to make sure. There was no need for him to freak out like that.
Thanks.If i was losing i may have thought about holding it until i saw the ref react, but i was up 12-0 no need to hurt someone just for a "sub" after a "w". With that said i didn't let go as quickly as i probably would have in practice. I think the ref was caught off guard since there was literally 1 second left when i got the sub.

Thanks.If i was losing i may have thought about holding it until i saw the ref react, but i was up 12-0 no need to hurt someone just for a "sub" after a "w". With that said i didn't let go as quickly as i probably would have in practice. I think the ref was caught off guard since there was literally 1 second left when i got the sub.

I thought you let go pretty quickly for a competition, some guys hold the sub until the ref says/does something. The fact the sub came in the last few seconds was awesome.

Good fight. no hard feeling. a bit upset guy. was he a purple?

Good fight. no hard feeling. a bit upset guy. was he a purple?

It wasn't a big tourney and I didn't see any other purple belts whatsoever in the entire tournament so i Believe they just put him into the blue belt division so he could get matches in, or maybe he forgot his belt and had to us a purple...but that seems less likely.

Nevertheless, he tried de la riva and fail..then try to break your posture..fail..then foot on the hip..then bail out to stand up. so you stuffed him out to force to stand up. very rare reaction from a purple as you were trailing by points he could have just play closed guard and ride for the win.. then he walked away which you could have take him down..
He tried acouple unsucesfull and uncommitted throws.. went back to his feets..you did a nice double legs tkd..straihgt to side control..the rest is history!

nice job

actually, i was wining when we stood back up. He couldn't have rode it out in guard and meh, the double leg was w.e i didn't drive and i flopped on my knees.

good match, im going to put it on my you tube channel

Good work bro, if you dont mind I got a few questions.

How long take you to get blue belt?
How old are you?
How did you stay so composed during the fight?, I could never look at someone with a calm face and ask them what the time it is when i am competing haha.

Beautiful finish to an aweome match. Good job, you let go almost right away he was just pissed he got dominated by a lower belt I bet.

that's one of those frustrating things... as a purple belt, i have absolutely nothing to gain by wrestling a lower belt. if I win, I was supposed to. if I lose, I just lost to a lower belt and look foolish.

Regardless, great armbar at the end instead of just hanging on for the win.

really nice - I love that you fought all the way to the end - 99.9% of competitors would have just rode out the position

wow very nice surprise ending!!! good job!

You did a great job man. How many matches did you have? Did you place?

hahaha purple was upset he got tapped last minute. The TS was nice and didn't put his hips into it. I understand why the other guy was frustrated and got anger. He was just mentally frustrated with his performance. Nice job and great way to finish the match and not just stale and take the decision and nice takedown aswell.

Good work bro, if you dont mind I got a few questions.

How long take you to get blue belt?
How old are you?
How did you stay so composed during the fight?, I could never look at someone with a calm face and ask them what the time it is when i am competing haha.

It took me about 10 months to get the blue, I competed about 3 times in GI and 3 in NO GI in the Teen division during that time . I won 1st 4 times 3rd once and dnp 1 time.
I'm 19 years old now started at 16 but i stopped training for my senior wrestling season plus almost a year of laziness afterward.
I credit wrestling for my overall match awareness, If you include off-season matches i had over 100 of them in high school, many of them against state champs,All Americans etc. That's a lot of grappling match experiance. BJJ teaches you to flow with the go,Wrestling teaches you to GO!.

Back