Video evidence that Izzy cause Costa to freeze up. OUTCLASSED!

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Kudos to the bloke on reddit that cut this tape.

Costa didn't know what was coming, izzy had him mind fucked and biting on everything. People here want to say he froze up in the moment and let the moment get to him, He did not. He tried to pressure. As Weasle and Hardy have shown in the pre-fight predictions, Costa only goes for body shots when he has you up against the fence. That's when he starts to unload. Costa also has a strong tendency to bite on feints.

He has a tendency to open up and back up when he's defending himself as @GoshiShun17 have mentioned.

Let's face the music. Izzy mindfucked that man and beat him. He dominated him. It's no different than when Khabib does it and his opponents don't have an answer. This is just with strikes. It's a hard puzzle to crack.

Here was an prediction video that was pretty spot on. Analysis videos can be hit or miss, but this was spot on.

Last edited:
Who else does the manlet with spectacles coach? I know he done what he did with Cejudo, who else?

I also think Costa not being able to trap him against the cage was a reason he lost. He did it to Hendricks, Romero and Hall

No evidence needed. Costa dropped the ball about as much as Forrest did against Silva, and Gustaffson to Jones in the rematch. He got completely outclassed early.

Nice video.

The more confusing part was how Costa was willing to just eat leg kick after leg kick until his leg was completely fucked after just one round. I honestly don't even know what the game plan was, but I'm not gonna blame the coaches. Sometimes a fighter just completely freezes up in there like Costa did.

Costa just completely shit the bed in there.

9164b5b94e1d7e440563497081fdcee9.gif

No evidence needed. Costa dropped the ball about as much as Forrest did against Silva, and Gustaffson to Jones in the rematch. He got completely outclassed early.
lots of people here think he simply didn't let the hands go. He COULDN'T let the hands go. Izzy has an arsenal of weapons, he didn't know where to initiate his attack from.

Nice effort in vid but costa was being conservative to not gas out but instead his game plan back fired imo.

Still baffles me why Costa didn't make an effort to clinch the only time he had Izzy on the cage.

Izzy mindfucked that man and beat him

Well, Izzy did more than just mindfuck him, based on Costa's post-fight social media posts.

But seriously, Costa couldn't close the distance and land sustained strikes. Izzy was too slick for him.

The more confusing part was how Costa was willing to just eat leg kick after leg kick until his leg was completely fucked after just one round. I honestly don't even know what the game plan was, but I'm not gonna blame the coaches. Sometimes a fighter just completely freezes up in there like Costa did.

Neither Whittaker (rush in recklessly) nor Costa (too tentative to fully commit) nor Romero (same issue) had the right gameplan.

Of the last 4 guys to fight Izzy, only Gastelum was willing to eat strikes to close the distance and box.

You can't sit on the outside (see Costa) or rush inside (Whittaker).

Who else does the manlet with spectacles coach? I know he done what he did with Cejudo, who else?
The Pitbull Bros in Bellator but really only Patricio is elite, and Korean Zombie is now at the gym. That coach with the glasses is getting too much credit tho, Eddie Cha is the striking coach, and that is where we've seen the most improvement with Cejudo and KZ. Cejudo and the Pitbul Bros also use another karate coach, Mano Santana, that has schooled them on that style.

Nice effort in vid but costa was being conservative to not gas out but instead his game plan back fired imo.

What I can’t understand is why he didn’t change the gameplan when it obviously wasn’t working. Standing on the outside getting fucked up. There wasn’t even an attempt to clinch or get inside as far as I can recall. Fair enough if he tried and failed.

Neither Whittaker (rush in recklessly) nor Costa (too tentative to fully commit) nor Romero (same issue) had the right gameplan.

Of the last 4 guys to fight Izzy, only Gastelum was willing to eat strikes to close the distance and box.

You can't sit on the outside (see Costa) or rush inside (Whittaker).
Gastelum is also one of the only guys durable enough to fight that style to land enough damage. Dude took an ungodly amount of damage eating counters in order to get in on Izzy, it took him 3 months to get cleared by a doctor to resume training again after that fight. Most guys would have been finished earlier.

Kudos to the bloke on reddit that cut this tape.

Costa didn't know what was coming, izzy had him mind fucked and biting on everything. People here want to say he froze up in the moment and let the moment get to him, He did not. He tried to pressure. As Weasle and Hardy have shown in the pre-fight predictions, Costa only goes for body shots when he has you up against the fence. That's when he starts to unload. Costa also has a strong tendency to bite on feints.

He has a tendency to open up and back up when he's defending himself as @GoshiShun17 have mentioned.

Let's face the music. Izzy mindfucked that man and beat him. He dominated him. It's no different than when Khabib does it and his opponents don't have an answer. This is just with strikes. It's a hard puzzle to crack.

Here was an prediction video that was pretty spot on. Analysis videos can be hit or miss, but this was spot on.

And when Costa was feinting Izzy stopped biting real early. He realized he could move out comfortably and had no need to get an early jump on his movement so he was comfortable to let Costa feint and just watch to see what happened next.

So Costa reacting to more and more and Izzy reacting to less and less. It was a classic stifle. Good post TS. This shows why Costa will likely never be able to do much better than he did unless he just becomes magically a lot better and Izzy gets worse.

I didn't make it but credit to the guy who did. I linked it. Costa gets beaten and knocked out every single time. Just watch the prediction video. Everything was spot on and he had no idea costa himself would be patient in this fight.

The game plan was wrong but he was outclassed and he will be outclassed by adesenya again no matter what gameplan he decides to do!

Costa tried to close but couldn't and Izzy's strikes hurt him more than he thought they would.

Back