(VIDEO) Brabo choke from closed guard

that's a brabo/d'arce...anaconda would be with the figure four on the other side of his head

You are right killer_kicks88...i will change the title thanks !

awesome thanks for posting...i just got my blue belt today thanks to the help of all these videos and help from the sherdoggers....cool move

Some fancy tricks on that website (maybe a bit too fancy and too tricky), but interesting to see some new movements and transitions none the less.

Some fancy tricks on that website (maybe a bit too fancy and too tricky), but interesting to see some new movements and transitions none the less.

agreed. that renzo heel hook seems feasible, but that luta livre toehold takedown is a little over the top

Does anyone have a link to a good anaconda choke vid? I've been trying to find one that goes in to a little more detail than the ones I have seen.

That has to be the most useless technique ever, the guy has to throw a punch in slow motion, keep his arm there and let you manhandle him.

That has to be the most useless technique ever, the guy has to throw a punch in slow motion, keep his arm there and let you manhandle him.

You can get to the same position from an arm drag.

However, I don't see a brabo choke being that easy to finish from that position. I'll have to try it out.

Drysdale shows how to do it off the arm drag. I've used it successfully before rolling.

Does anyone have a link to a good anaconda choke vid? I've been trying to find one that goes in to a little more detail than the ones I have seen.

Check the sticky for the vid with Denis Kang

It's still more useful than the brabo/armless brabo from inside the top guard position. An invitation to having your back taken, yet it has produced Bma_Mat results.

Drysdale shows how to do it off the arm drag. I've used it successfully before rolling.

Yeah, but Drysdale does it from butterfly guard. I find it much more difficult to sink the choking arm from full guard.

It's still more useful than the brabo/armless brabo from inside the top guard position. An invitation to having your back taken, yet it has produced Bma_Mat results.

How does attempting a brabo from top half guard invite having your back taken? If I read you right, and that's what you mean.

you can do this choke anytime you have a wizzer on your opponents arm as well.

That's actually the Darce from Octopus guard. I've used the gi darce from closed guard many times, but i had a hard time imagining the no-gi version, lol

Octopus Guard:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvs0_3TMaq4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvs0_3TMaq4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

so you might want to make another edit, that position is known as Octopus Guard thanks to Eduardo Telles. saying closed guard is a bit misleading.

sick technique though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back