(VID) Wand Eye Opener - Jones NSAC CM Punk

What the hell are you on about? The commision is not the police, they dont deal with illegal drugs. They deal with banned drugs, and cocaine isnt banned out of competetion. They have a system, this just doesnt fall within it. Also, the second part is an assumption made by wand what could happen regarding cm punk. Which has allready been adressed that the most likely scenario would be cm punk fighting someone with very little experience for his first fight.

Wand is not spot on, at all

I'm a big baseball fan and I always had this arguement with people regarding steroids. They'd defend certain players on roids with the excuse of "it wasn't against the rules at the time" arguement. This is a really stupid defense if possesion and use of the substance in question is against US law. Cocaine may not be explicitly written into the rules, but neither are other crimes, so that arguement shouldn't hold too much weight. Otherwise, you could say Joe Son never broke any MMA rules so he's ok to fight as well (this is obvious hyperbole, but you get my point).

I got the feeling this was a "but I got banned from fighting, why do you let jones and cm punk fight waaaah" rant
Na support for Jon seems genuine but of course w his current situation Wand is gonna point out all of NSACs stupidity

Again he talks shit about the CM Punk issue. Because someone has never fought they have more chance of being killed if punched in the head? He clearly has been punched too many times. Using his logic, the first professional fight you ever have is the most dangerous? ridiculous. Brock had no fight record, came in and won the UFC title in no time, why didn't he complain then? because he hadn't been caught cheating by then. Blah blah blah

Silva offers some very valid points on licenses.

Anyone remember which Pride or K1 fighter couldn't get his US license (maybe California) because he didn't have enough mma experience?

Amish Wand, just because

method=get&s=wanderlei-silva.jpg

Again he talks shit about the CM Punk issue. Because someone has never fought they have more chance of being killed if punched in the head? He clearly has been punched too many times. Using his logic, the first professional fight you ever have is the most dangerous? ridiculous. Brock had no fight record, came in and won the UFC title in no time, why didn't he complain then? because he hadn't been caught cheating by then. Blah blah blah

Hahahaha go back to smackdown kid.

And yes actually, amateurs are at a much higher risk of permanent injury than seasoned experienced practitioners of MMA. You notice how of the major health injuries/death that have happened in MMA so far are in low level unregulated shows filled with amateurs?

What the hell are you on about? The commision is not the police, they dont deal with illegal drugs. They deal with banned drugs, and cocaine isnt banned out of competetion. They have a system, this just doesnt fall within it. Also, the second part is an assumption made by wand what could happen regarding cm punk. Which has allready been adressed that the most likely scenario would be cm punk fighting someone with very little experience for his first fight.

Wand is not spot on, at all

Wand is spot on... The commission doesn't know jack, and they f/ with fighters and the sport in a detrimental way with there incompetence.

yes, ur first fight is the most dangerous
no, Brock was NCAA wrestler and had a fair, debut fight against Min Soo Kim or whoever before the big stage

Yeah if CM Punk gets severely injured, the commission will look really bad giving him a license. But Im sure there is some shadiness, money exchanges behind the scenes. I'm sure CM punk will face someone who is not dangerous.

I'm a big baseball fan and I always had this arguement with people regarding steroids. They'd defend certain players on roids with the excuse of "it wasn't against the rules at the time" arguement. This is a really stupid defense if possesion and use of the substance in question is against US law. Cocaine may not be explicitly written into the rules, but neither are other crimes, so that arguement shouldn't hold too much weight. Otherwise, you could say Joe Son never broke any MMA rules so he's ok to fight as well (this is obvious hyperbole, but you get my point).

I wouldn't mind if any action was taken against Jon Jones by the actual police. And i'm not aware if Joe Son is still currently imprisoned or what happened to him. But if he wanted to get licensed to fight I don't see why not.

But if the commision actually did take action agianst jones then that would prove wandy right, since they'd go out of their regular policies and there's be no "system". I don't really care what fighters do with their body or the extent the commision wants to go to regulate fighters, but if it's not within their current policy to regulate this kind of drug it makes no sense for wandy starting to rant about chaos and no system. They follow their system, this is just not related to that system as it stands.

I'm ranting a little but tl:dr, I think wandy's wrong and is just saying alot of words with no meaning to get peoples attention

There are a lot of people and some fighters that was to see CM Punk get hurt. If that does happen, where would the commission stand?

Like many people, I was against CM being in the UFC with no fights because it made it seem like anyone could just join the UFC if we had the notoriety to do so. Wand put in the better terms; what would happen if Punk truly got hurt.

Ironically, CM Punk and Wanderlei Silva will have the exact same record when they turned pro....0-0.

If someone wants to be a pro fighter, let them be a pro fighter. Let them succeed or fall on their face.

And yes actually, amateurs are at a much higher risk of permanent injury than seasoned experienced practitioners of MMA. You notice how of the major health injuries/death that have happened in MMA so far are in low level unregulated shows filled with amateurs?

Listen to what he said 'kid', he said they are more likely to be killed if they are punched in the head, not more at risk from fighting. Being a pro fighter doesn't mean that one punch is less likely to kill you, don't be an idiot. Punch resistance isn't something that can be developed, it deteriorates with age and 'wear and tear', as in Chuck's case.

Clearly unregulated shows pose a risk from poor medical support and fighters who do not obtain medical clearance, that was not his point. Try listening to what he has to say, then read what I said, think, pause...... think again, then reply, 'Kid'.

The problem here is the image of Jon Jones after all, they didn't had the right to make it public what recreational drugs he use out of competition if they don't regulate it. I don't like Jon Jones but I can see Wand's point.

yes, ur first fight is the most dangerous
no, Brock was NCAA wrestler and had a fair, debut fight against Min Soo Kim or whoever before the big stage

Wrestling doesn't involve getting punched in the head (that was Wanderlei's point), please don't tell me the Min Soo Kim farce made him somehow less likely to get injured in the UFC, that makes no sense at all?

Back