Vid: Lyoto training for FOX 19!

Looking slow and flat-footed to be honest.

You know he is problably weighting more than 205lb in that vid, right?

And that he is carrying some sort of body armor to make it harder to move right?

So, think again.

Have loved Machida for many years... But Thompson is the new karate kid on the block. Don't want to see Lyoto get his head bashed in anymore.

He's fighting a 45 year old man, i think he'll be fine

Lmao, Lyoto looks awful, those back to back beatdowns must've took a toll on him.

doesn't look too bad to me considering that the weighted vest could be 50+lbs.

Looking slow and flat-footed to be honest.
the vest jacket he is wearing probably weights something so that's part of the explanation but yeah he didn't look that great (not saying i would do better,)

isn't he almost 40? obviously he has slowed.. Especially since he relied on speed and not strength. He should retire after this fight. He has a good career

He actually looks pretty quick on his feet and not to mention that weight vest.

dance_dance_revolution.gif

Dance-Dance-Revolution-Show-Off.gif

HlvLV6m.gif

Last edited:
I've DM'd Machida on Twitter multiple times telling him to retire. With my knowledge, having watched his recent fights in slow motion, and having discussed with my roommates the deteriation in his technique, I feel he would be wise to take my advice.

Although he seems to have blocked me?
oh how unexpected

someone relentlessly telling you to retire and you wonder why he blocked you, haha

doesn't look too bad to me considering that the weighted vest could be 50+lbs.

This. Knowing Machida's crazy ass, that's probably the case, hence, alphafails ITT claiming he looks slow and flat footed. Looks better than any other movement "guru" with a successful fighting career outside of D. Cruz who doesn't have perfect movement either and probably is the best mover in the game.

The only problem I have with the exercise (which is random since it's going by coaches commands not a set pattern, so it doesn't say much) is the brief periods of squared stances/horse stances instead of keeping feet completely separate and not on any similar path aside from tip of the toes diagonally.

I'm going to utilize this drill again, I haven't been away too long, but damn do I miss certain drills more than others.

Back