Vibration training could increase initial rate of force development & flexibility

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by spirez, Jun 16, 2008.

1. spirez

spirez Purple Belt

I work in a health club and was speaking to a member who was telling me how he had shockingly tight hamstrings but when stretching on a power plate, he saw massive flexibility gains and could touch his toes relatively easily.

Any of you guys have any experience with them, particularly for flexibility?

.Power Plate

2. spirez

spirez Purple Belt

I found this over on the Precision Nutrition forums. The part in bold is of particular interest:

This guy has worked with Berardi and elite level athletes so i'd say he knows his stuff

Jordan Strength - The Science Of Strength Development > Welcome

3. Freeman102010

Freeman102010 not Bȧnned

Welcome to Vibrogym

a new 'gym' opened near me with this brand. they even brought them to my work for people to try and get a free workout.

The people who really felt a workout were people who don't go to the gym, but just did normal stuff like dips and squats on the machine and they were all stiff and thought it really worked. I didn't notice anything that way.

However I really enjoyed a 'massage' from the machine. they ramped up the vibrations and I put my feet and wrists on the plate (at different times) and it really really loosened them up.

There was another person with chronic knee problems and it made him feel amazing.

So I think it could be good for pre/re - hab and stretching. As for a real workout I think it would be the suck.

4. spirez

spirez Purple Belt

bump with title change to get more interest as this could be something pretty significant.

I definitely wouldn't try it to substitute a real workout but i imagine it could be very useful within a warmup with bodyweight exercises.

5. Cardio

Cardio Blue Belt

I don't know what you're talking about but at this gym I used to go to there were these two footplate things that vibrate up and down and you can turn it up to 10 and it feels wicked intense. Supposed to be for fat loss or something but...

I did squat hard and I have a problem with super-tight muscles so I stepped on this thing and it was awesome - it felt awesome - more of a massage than anything.

It really was good after heavy squats, I think I recovered faster too.

The end.