Very Nice Sonnen interview about UFC Sao Paulo, Says He Would Spank Vitor Belfort

iLikeBirds

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Chael Sonnen statements on UFC Sao Paulo:

About who wins at UFC Sao Paulo:
"This is a fight well matched. Bisping is the favorite. He has more ways to win. He is a kickboxer much better and has more weapons to win. He also can win in any round or points. Vitor has only five minutes during which is the most dangerous guy, but after that, it's not the same animal. "

About Bisping versus Anderson:
"I really want to see Bisping winning this fight and have a chance at the title. He deserves it. It is past time. Bisping has great vigor, he always comes with everything in his fights, he never gives up - I know he can beat Anderson Silva and become the middleweight champion. There is no doubt in my mind that Bisping can defeat Anderson. However, to take this chance, Mike has to defeat the world champion is that Belfort. I tease and make jokes with Vitor all the time - because someone needs to show fraud and scam this guy is -

but everyone knows he is one of the most dangerous fighters in the world. "
About who wins:
"Vitor is a pretender, pretending to be someone he is not. Bisping feeds on hate the other guy, and he is clearly developing anger for Vitor. He needs to keep it, because that's how he fights better. In the end, I know I would spank Vitor Belfort. The Bisping fight was one of the toughest fights of my life. So consequently he will defeat Belfort ".

About how the crowd will affect the course of the fight:
"Boos are not going to intimidate Bisping. He has heard it before and dealt with it. The crowd will not affect the fight, particularly because none of the fighters is from Brazil. I'm in Las Vegas now and I can see the house from my window Belfort. He does not live within a radius of 10 000 km of Brazil for years. I do not think anyone in Brazil call it even. He's not from Brazil, he is U.S.. "

On how will be the Belfort's strategy:
"Some people say things like 'if you pass the first two rounds, Vitor not wins', but this is not a criticism, it's a compliment. He can knock people too early - and did it against very good fighters and champions - and that's what you should do against Bisping. He has to leave as he always does - try to end the fight right away. He can do that, he could end up with Bisping early. No use trying to save energy for future rounds because no matter how much he has trained for this fight, Bisping will always have more gas from the second round. Belfort should just do what they always do - go for the win in the first three minutes. "

About how will be the Bisping's strategy:
"Everyone has the same strategy against Belfort: survive the first five minutes, during which he (Victor) is one of the most dangerous strikers who have already entered the octagon. There will be three or four minutes very uncomfortable for Bisping. He needs to fight back, be smart, and start returning the fight to Belfort. Mike always fight back when being hit, which should create an exciting fight for the fans. He has all the weapons, has more kickboxing technique and can avoid the worst of the blows potent Vitor. Mike is not faster than Vitor, and he is faster than most fighters in the division, but he can move very well and counterattack very well. If Bisping reach the third round, Vitor will have a very painful experience. Bisping just can not get enough - believe me, I know - and this is a five round fight. Bisping can win in the third or fourth round

http://sportv.globo.com/site/evento...o-brasil-e-diz-que-bisping-vence-belfort.html

I love reading brazilian chael sonnen. So entertaining!

So it was Chael in English --translated--> Chael in BrP --translated--> now broken English?

Did they translate this to Portuguese and then back to English? Babel fish working overtime. It's still decent insight from Chael. He's always pretty sharp about calling fights. Good interview none the less.

In related news, Chael can:

• Beat Anderson Silva...twice
  • Run a real-estate business without being fradulent
  • Win an election

Why does anyone still listen to this guy?

• Win an election

I would rather listen to him instead of you.

Glad Chael gives Bisping the credit he deserves. I agree that if Bisping can survive the first round and grind a little, he can end it late, or get the UD for sure.

• Win an election

1) Maury Povich
2) Jerry Springer
3) Real Houswives
4) Various rapper + baby mamas reality shows
5) Listen to the radio lately?

The bottom line is that most people like hearing BS. I can't blame Chael for feeding it to them. If people insist upon being morons anyway, why not profit from it?

Chael would UD Vitor without any trouble.

I don't see Bisping surviving the early onslaught, though.

1) Maury Povich
2) Jerry Springer
3) Real Houswives
4) Various rapper + baby mamas reality shows
5) Listen to the radio lately?

The bottom line is that most people like hearing BS. I can't blame Chael for feeding it to them. If people insist upon being morons anyway, why not profit from it?

perhaps you're the moron for thinking people take what chael says serious? it's not that people like hearing BS, it's that people like to be entertained and don't hang on every word a complete stranger says.

you're so much more advanced than everyone.

He'll survive it and he'll give it back. Bisping is better than people give him credit for.

Yes if he doesn't get tagged with that left in the first round, he'll most likely win. I want Bisping to win, but Vitor worries me.

Bisping<Franklin, Vitor>Franklin therefore Vitor wins. Unfounded mma math>founded mma math>common sense

So Chael uses MMAth pretty hard.

Win...?

Feck, nvm, that's Brazilian Chael. Somewhere, in the barrio, there's an olive skinned man who looks exactly like Chael but with a tiny pencil mustache that works as a moped mechanic.

perhaps you're the moron for thinking people take what chael says serious? it's not that people like hearing BS, it's that people like to be entertained and don't hang on every word a complete stranger says.

you're so much more advanced than everyone.

I don't think I'm a genius or any such thing. My point is that when you listen to Chael talk seriously and analyze fights, you can tell he's an intelligent man. But he knows that insightful comments about MMA don't sell. Instead, he plays the character of a clueless egomaniac, because that's what sells. If you think people don't take Chael's words seriously, read more threads. He has a large contingent of MMA fans that hang on his every word.

The very idea that trash talk gets people more excited about fights is pretty stupid by itself, don't you think? Suppose Bisping started to trash talk Jones endlessly, to the point where Jones overreacted, and it fueled a longstanding hatred between them. Would that really make the idea of that fight any more exciting? Its still a ridiculous mismatch. On the other hand, would Anderson vs. Mousasi or Cain vs. Overeem be anything but mouth-watering, even with no trash talk to hype it? Plus, most of what Chael talks about (especially his funniest material) has nothing to do with hyping his own fights. Its just random commentary about other fighters, or even topics non MMA related.

Back