Vegetarian

cp_england

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any advice for a vegetarian (not vegan) on dieting and supplements? (yeah, apart from the obvious "start eating meat/fish dude" quips)

I'm finding it tough to reach peak condition and shed the lbs because my diet is typically carb intensive (pasta, rice, potato, bread) so any ideas welcome. My real weak spot is cheese which I know is fatty but I am trying to switch to healthier types (e.g, feta and goats cheese).

Main objective is to lose body fat (supporting cardiovascular capability). Food groups and dietary (as opposed to 'diet') recipe suggestions welcomed...

Thanks,

CP_ENGLAND

hmm, so by vegetarian, you mean you eat animal products, just not flesh, correct?

Correct. I do occasionally try the odd bit of chicken or lemon sole but I'm just not that fussed for it. There is no ethical, religious or moral reason for not eating it, I guess I've always been a fussy eater.

Try cottage cheese, eggs and up the fish. Whole grains, veggies & fruit for the only carbs. That'd be my suggestion.

Not to be a smart ass, but I'm sitting here eating a steak and a salad right now, so it's not something I've ever had to give too much thought to.

Yeah, instead of eating alot of pasta, rice etc eat alot of vegetables. Also you can try bulgur, works great in different salads.

You can also bump up the protein intake to make the portions smaller. Tofu, beans, soy based meat substitute for example.

Dont forget about your typical protein powders also, milk, whey, egg white, ect. Get yourself a mix you can use for a meal replacement you can use once in a while, or after a workout.

Back