Valve Handheld: Steam Deck

rikwebb

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
2TF , RDNA 2 based 4 cores with SMT 720p ,different sizes of internal storage available. Dock sold separately.

steamdecks6j0h.jpg

Great big meh on this one.

I wonder if it can dual boot. That would be the business.

I’m interested, even if I really do not like non-offset thumb sticks too much.

really? Why is that, if you don’t mind answering?
The price for one thing. Plus I just don't see a need for a handheld pc.

Yeah I’m super intrigued by this thing. I’ll put a preorder in tomorrow. Only $5 and if you cancel it gets transferred to Steam credit.

on one hand, it's kind of cool.

on the other, i can't figure out why someone would pay laptop money for something nearly laptop sized (it's apparently 12"x4.6x2) but with less versatility and (presumably) worse performance.

<Fedor23>

i also thought ~the same about the aya neo and etc, though.

but i don't even know why they're offering the $400 model. i mean, i know it's to boost sales, but it's basically unplayable. and supposedly, they don't allow people to open it up and add a ssd, so it's supposed to be limited to the emmc and a micro sd or whatever for expansion.

ie: i can see people for paid $400 being pissy later.

i'd grab it. seems like a decent alternative to draggin a laptop around.

Yeah I’m super intrigued by this thing. I’ll put a preorder in tomorrow. Only $5 and if you cancel it gets transferred to Steam credit.
Nice, and ditto!

I've been wanting to get a tablet too, this is awesome!

@Madmick what do you think of the hardware in this for playing the latest games?

Edit, thanks for adding this in!

Last edited:
I saw this pop up in Steam today and I’m mildly interested. I don’t travel as much as I used to so my interest in portable type gaming has gone down a bit, but still wouldn’t mind picking one up. Just have to try and justify purchasing another video game device.

Feel as though Epic Games should of been the company to release this. Their initial Fortnite demographic was tailored made for this type of hardware.

Only way i see this working long term is if Nintendo comes on board with their game IP's.

Only way i see this working long term is if Nintendo comes on board with their game IP's.

I'm more interested in knowing how well it works outside. The Switch is horrible if you try to use it outside with the sun out. Can't see shit.

Feel as though Epic Games should of been the company to release this. Their initial Fortnite demographic was tailored made for this type of hardware.

That's never going to happen, just like Sony won't either, outside their usual pc offerings

This going to be a great emulation machine. We can already put windows on it, but I like that Steam has their own custom OS to maximize performance.

PC devs can optimize their games for it much like they do Switch/console games. How much it sells will determine that, but it looks like a winner! Perfect timing with Nintendo's lazy cashgrab.

It really needs to have app support for things like Netflix, Gamepass, even Epic. It sounds like they want it to be as open of a platform as possible, which has me most excited.