Valerie 'Trouble in Parrot-dise' Letourneau

Just like Mercier not being able to finish a short-notice Tony Sims means the LW division is pure s#it.

Sherdog has this sickness where they take a single instance, in either direction, and apply it to the whole. It's a severely basic logical misstep and it is done almost as often as appeals to authority and strawman arguments.

People think SW is better than BW because the fights are more competitive, which is pure BS. It's like watching a 150 lbs chimp tear every single LW apart and concluding that LW is the shallowest division in the UFC.

No, SW is just as crap as BW, it's more competitive because the top fighter there is even worse than Rousey (that 50% decision rate against no names LOL)

Just like Mercier not being able to finish a short-notice Tony Sims means the LW division is pure s#it.

Sherdog has this sickness where they take a single instance, in either direction, and apply it to the whole. It's a severely basic logical misstep and it is done almost as often as appeals to authority and strawman arguments.

You're missing the point Miles. This is a direct rebuttal to even more ridiculous assertions that the entire BW division is full of CANS including the top 10 while SW is full of highly skilled fighters.

135 is the top women's division. Look at records, success in feeder sports, and experience. 145 is a joke and 115 is a bunch of noobs, minus a couple.

Do you not agree with weight cutting or something? do you not agree that some fighters are better at certain weights?

No, I don't agree with parrots who made a dumber blanket statement that has somehow caught on with much of Stupidog. This thread would never have been made if not for their nonsense, which is as ridiculous as saying 'LW is vastly more skilled and a whole other level compared to MW'.

Look, of course Valerie might be better at SW than BW. But going by the shit SW hype parrots spew 'the BW division including the top 5 are cans, the SW division is much more skilled', there would be such a gulf between a BW journeywoman and almost any random SW much less the slayer of Jojo that that shouldn't even matter.

Last edited:
Nice body but face remind me of Chael Sonnen

I guess SW division isn't more skilled than BW then lol.

No disrespect to Valerie, but she was never thought to be a contender at BW and struggled badly with Elizabeth Phillips who's considered one of the worse BWs in the UFC... drops to SW hoping she'll have a better chance at success there and look at her now, derailing the slayer of mighty Jojo and going to be ranked top 10.

Yeah yeah 'maybe she's more suited for 115' but she's 5'7 and had to drop a lot of weight to make SW, do people still really think the green prospects who make up the majority of top ranked fighters at SW are more skilled than the veterans of BW? It isn't and never was so.

PS. I also have to throw in a mention of my favorite example, Claudia Gadelha walks around at about the same weight as Tate and heavier than Andrade and has fought at over 130 before, if SW is so much more skilled why doesn't the number 2 SW who is actually BW sized run through the BW division to take a much more lucrative shot at the famed 135 champion? Maybe because she doesn't think she can? :D

I have no idea what you just said, so I'm going to say Michelle Waterson beats both these women and post a picture:

4e1mfTF.jpg

So Valerie beats 23 year old prospect Moroz and that immediately means the entire SW division isn't more skilled than BW? Lol sherdog

Don't mind Big Muffler. He goes out of his way to make bantamweight sound good. His reason? Ronda's biggest white knight supporter. Garbage thread starter.

Don't mind Big Muffler. He goes out of his way to make bantamweight sound good. His reason? Ronda's biggest white knight supporter. Garbage thread starter.

Hi there, I was wondering when one of the prime parrots would show up. :icon_chee

It wasn't an owning but it was a clear win for 'Trouble in Parrot-dise' lol

Would you shut the fuck up with that 'Trouble in Parrot-dise' bullshit. It's lame, not clever, and when you have to "lol" at your own quips that's your clue it isn't funny.

Aside from that, your original premise is also lame. You can't make sweeping generalizations about SW vs BW with one competitive fight that a veteran won by dropping a weight class.

Aside from that, your original premise is also lame. You can't make sweeping generalizations about SW vs BW with one competitive fight that a veteran won by dropping a weight class.

What about the sweeping generalizations the parrots made about SW vs BW without any direct evidence period, eh?

No, I don't agree with parrots who made a dumber blanket statement that has somehow caught on with much of Stupidog.

"Stupidog"

Wow.

Do you high-five yourself when you come up with that horseshit?

What about the sweeping generalizations the parrots made about SW vs BW without any direct evidence period, eh?

Sweeping generalizations are always lame. See what I did there. And stop fucking saying "parrots".

I don't see big muffler lasting too long with arguments like these. Thankfully.

Would you shut the fuck up with that 'Trouble in Parrot-dise' bullshit. It's lame, not clever, and when you have to "lol" at your own quips that's your clue it isn't funny.

"Stupidog"

Wow.

Do you high-five yourself when you come up with that horseshit?

Sweeping generalizations are always lame. See what I did there. And stop fucking saying "parrots".

g1333433512465702414.jpg

parrot_PNG721.png

I guess SW division isn't more skilled than BW then lol.

I remember arguing with somebody about this when 115 was being brought in, think it might have been you.

Anyway, I stick by what I said. Even though Ronda is as dominant as she is at 135, it's still the deeper women's weight class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back