Valerie 'Trouble in Parrot-dise' Letourneau

I only care if there was a wardrobe malfunction. Was there?

She cost me $25 :(

It was a good fight IMO, I was very surprised that she was able to out strike her opponent, as she hadn't demonstrated great hands previously.

Plus, as somebody already pointed out, she's cute as hell.

The point isn't that SW 'sucks' it's that it's not MASSIVELY MORE SKILLED THAN BW which is what ridiculous parrot sheep haters of the BW division try to say. This is strictly a response to that garbage which is perpetuated daily on Sherdog.

Almost nobody compares any other divisions 2 weight classes apart in the same way, and with good reason.

BW has zero prospects. Hell, the potential number 1 SWs are still not in the UFC.

i see ts going around spewing this garbage everywhere... how bout we look at it this way.

Letourneu, a 115 pounder went to a Split Decision against the #3 135 pounder in the UFC, in Alexis Davis.... ummm, so yea..

thats like (I'll call her #8, since she beat #8 ranked moroz) #8 ranked mizugaki losing to #3 khabib nurmagomedov by split decision.. just a comparison

If John Dodson went up to 145 and beat Chad Mendes or Max Holloway, then dropped back down to 125 and beat Chris Cariaso, would that be proof 145 is deep or shallow compared to 125?

Well Lombard did say throw some money on Letourneo. Was it a definitive 29-28 for Val? just watching the play by play and it seemed competitive.

Val vs Randa next

Clear win for Val. Been saying she's underrated, happy to see her get the W. But everyone was also high off the Moroz hype.

Ineresante... I'm down for damn near anyone vs Randa right now :icon_lol: :mad:
Would be a good one.

If John Dodson went up to 145 and beat Chad Mendes or Max Holloway, then dropped back down to 125 and beat Chris Cariaso, would that be proof 145 is deep or shallow compared to 125?

Well dude...Dodson did beat the current BW title holder... So Fly > BW.

4e1mfTF.jpg

Fucking love this. Memories :icon_chee

It's a 20 pound weight difference, put that in perspective; that's like a male lightweight jumping straight down to bantamweight.

BW has zero prospects. Hell, the potential number 1 SWs are still not in the UFC.

SW just has more well known prospects.

BW has Kianzad, Shevchenko, Niedzwiedz, Aldana, Pena and Andrade already in the UFC, and probably others out there who are even less well known like Moroz was.

It's easier to be considered a hot or 'potential number 1' prospect when there isn't an established top tier in the division and the mountain doesn't look so high. Hell, Pacheco was about as successful outside the UFC as some of the supposed SW super prospects and look at what happened to her.

This point also does not reflect a lower skill level at BW, in fact it kind of implies the opposite.

i see ts going around spewing this garbage everywhere... how bout we look at it this way.

Letourneu, a 115 pounder went to a Split Decision against the #3 135 pounder in the UFC, in Alexis Davis.... ummm, so yea..

thats like (I'll call her #8, since she beat #8 ranked moroz) #8 ranked mizugaki losing to #3 khabib nurmagomedov by split decision.. just a comparison

Unfortunately for the parrot side, Letourneau went to a split with Davis in Davis' FOURTH fight as opposed to going to a split against Gadelha in Gadelha's EIGHTH. Also Gadelha is bigger than Jessica Andrade in both height and weight and practically the same weight as Tate the NUMBER TWO BW. So no size arguments can be used in her favor.

It's ridiculous how gullible you parrots are to have bought into this nonsense, do you see anyone being this illogical about two men's divisions 2 classes apart? 'WW is on a whole other level of skill compared to LHW.' No?

Also, I have no idea why the fighter bashing rule is never enforced when it comes to the women's BW division, isn't calling a whole division cans which happens daily clear fighter bashing?

I thought she countered well, kept her hands up and head down.

135 to 115 is a HUGE drop in body weight percentage.

people jumped on the moroz bandwagon too quickly. She exploited a big hole in calderwoods game but i didnt see that as meaning she was going to be able to dominate everyone else.

Big Muffler shooting down parrots left and right.

I like it.

I don't even understand the point of this thread really. Why give fuel to some BW vs SW battle, when this battle doesn't really exist amongst true WMMA fans.

She beat someone who had six fights and it was a close back and forth fight. Big deal. The girl she beat was 23 and will come back stronger from this.

Half the top 10 has had 6 or less fights. That alone should tell you how "stacked" the division is.

Back