News Valentina: Trilogy With Nunes Would be Logical

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“I think it would be logical she’s been going through her opponents very easily, and I think that for the future, it would be logical to have a third fight because the second fight … I didn’t lose it. I won it

This fight right now, as champion vs. champion, I think the judges will have a different outlook towards the fight,” Shevchenko said. “Three years ago in 2017 when we had our fight, they thought that just that one thing gave her the victory, and that was the takedown she got in the fifth round. She didn’t even start it – it was me who initiated. But since it was the final round, we were both slippery. She’s heavier, so I ended on bottom when I was supposed to land on top.

“That’s the only thing that gave her a small advantage in the eyes of the judges that night. But that’s how it went down, and I think it would be very logical to have that third fight between us.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...hevchenko-thinks-amanda-nunes-trilogy-logical

Fight to make imo there second fight was very close and a much more interesting matchup than them dominating “contenders” in there respective divisions.

Last edited:
don't remember the details of both fights, just that they were competitive and close so why not. i think shev is a tiny bit more skilled on avg but nunes weight makes it even, great fight thoguh.

I think Nunez beat her 2x but you can't argue that it wasn't close and 3 years later is a good time for a trilogy fight. AND it's the best fight for both at this point.

Yeah why not. It makes the most sense before Nunes retires and enough time has passed. Get on it Goof.

I thought Val should've got the nod in the second fight, but only barely. Both girls did fuck all in that fight.

Time to run it back yet again.

agree

tenor.gif

Mandy is probably retiring soon. I dont think she wants to beat a tough opponent for the third time.

I have no respect for a champion that does not defend the belt for a very long time (like Conor) I want Nunes to lose

I think she won the first fight pride rules as well she lost the first two rounds but dominated the 3rd.

Would truly be excited for a trilogy since the first 2 fights were so close.

Could you imagine if Shevchenko got koe'd stiff though? 3 losses to the same person is haunting stuff

“I think it would be logical she’s been going through her opponents very easily, and I think that for the future, it would be logical to have a third fight because the second fight … I didn’t lose it. I won it

This fight right now, as champion vs. champion, I think the judges will have a different outlook towards the fight,” Shevchenko said. “Three years ago in 2017 when we had our fight, they thought that just that one thing gave her the victory, and that was the takedown she got in the fifth round. She didn’t even start it – it was me who initiated. But since it was the final round, we were both slippery. She’s heavier, so I ended on bottom when I was supposed to land on top.

“That’s the only thing that gave her a small advantage in the eyes of the judges that night. But that’s how it went down, and I think it would be very logical to have that third fight between us.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...hevchenko-thinks-amanda-nunes-trilogy-logical

Fight to make imo there second fight was very close and a much more interesting matchup than them dominating “contenders” in there respective divisions.
I thought she won the last fight

People call Nunes the GOAT but she arguably lost to a much smaller fighter.

Valentina is the far more skilled fighter. The true p4p #1 imo

When Valentina ended up on bottom in the fifth Amanda did nothing and Valentina was striking from the bottom. That was Valentina's fight. It was close but Shevchenko won that fight.

Back