• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Valentina Shevchenko vs. Katlyn Chookagian February 8th UFC 247

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date

Who wins?

• Total voters
What an awful fight Chookagean is easily the most boring fighter in the ufc.

Thats not the usual though... Valentina via boring decision is far more common

2/3 of her wins have come by finish, only 1/3 by decision. As always you continue to refuse to allow facts to get in the way of your shit-positing. I almost admire your commitment to error and bias.

Thats not the usual though... Valentina via boring decision is far more common
'far more common' lol

7 ufc wins, 4 by decision, 3 finishes
11 non-ufc wins, 2 by decision, 9 finishes
18 career wins, 6 by decision, 12 finishes

I really don't give a fuck about WMMA but don't throw around bullshit narratives

So Katlyn will try to point fight on the outside and Valentina will wait to counter and steal the fight with a couple good counters and maybe a takedown here and there?

The anticipation is killing me

Strong evidence that Katlyn Chookagian herself is posting on Sherdog :

Chook.jpg

<Moves>

So Katlyn will try to point fight on the outside and Valentina will wait to counter and steal the fight with a couple good counters and maybe a takedown here and there?

The anticipation is killing me

A year ago I'd agree, these days I'm not so sure. Katlyn has shown more willingness to sit down on her punches and exchange with opponents in her last couple fights, I don't know if she continues that trend against Valentina but it's something to keep in mind. Overall I'd say it's likely to be similar to the Holm vs. Shevchenko fight, with the possibility of a KO depending on how much respect Valentina gives her.

'far more common' lol

7 ufc wins, 4 by decision, 3 finishes
11 non-ufc wins, 2 by decision, 9 finishes
18 career wins, 6 by decision, 12 finishes

I really don't give a fuck about WMMA but don't throw around bullshit narratives
Yeah, the finishing rate drops off once she got to the UFC. That’s when she finally started facing fighters with winning records. Hell, when she started facing fighters with any mma experience at all.
Combined record of her first 11 opponents: 6-1

Valentina is very robotic but in a sport with full of headcases that's not necessary a bad thing as she does enough to pretty much win every aspect of the fight.
If someone can throw her off her game..then things start to get interesting. Only thing exciting here is if Chook will be enough aggressive to get finished.

LOL at that poll. Currently sitting at 73-2.

I can only hope Val brutalized chikoogian somehow. I cant stand that woman

Chookigan will move forward, but Val is better everywhere. Probably Val countering her until TD and finish by sub.
She moves forward and spams air punches while yelling to appear like shes busy, ala Holly

Back