Valentina Shevchenko English or Spanish

Hi,
For those who speak both languages well, I'm just curious in which language Valentina speaks better.
Russian is her mother tongue, so obviously her Russian is perfect, but how is her Spanish compared to English?

as requested, her pre fight interview of UFC 255, speaking Spanish and English:

starting from 4:49 she starts speaking Spanish.

I speak both and ....honestly she's pretty good at both. Spanish varies quite a bit according to region, she learnt her Spanish (AFAIK) by living in Peru and South American spanish is notably different from Spanish in Spain, and other countries.

I wish the production crew had PLACED THE MIC CLOSER. 95% shure (ha ha!! pun!) that's a dynamic mic (not a condenser mic) and they NEED to be within about 12inches or much better just a few inches to get good signal levels. Bit irritating, could hardly hear her speak.

ps. Cuban Spanish....OMFG. That was quite a shock ..... it's so different. the most unusual accent and abbreviations.

She has the Russian accent in both english and spanish. She speaks very well in spanish

Hi,
For those who speak both languages well, I'm just curious in which language Valentina speaks better.
Russian is her mother tongue, so obviously her Russian is perfect, but how is her Spanish compared to English?

Her Spanish for sure.

Her English is very good but her accent is thicker in English than in Spanish!

Valentina is one of the most interesting fighters, even has a degree in film direction. She seems like the kind of person who is just good at everything and would have made it in any career path.

Dos Equis should sponsor her.

It's also worth noting that of all the women's MMA champions of all time (so far) she seems like the most 'complete' human being - by far. Skilled, tough, smart, beautiful, extensive world travels and has lived in the 3rd world for long periods, speaks multiple languages, tactical firearms training/enthusiast, trained dancer, film/arts school, actress, outdoorsy, etc.

You can tell she genuinely has her shit together, like she could probably be a millionaire running just about any business, if she wanted.

Are there any other female fighters that impressive?

her spanish is pretty good. it doesn't seem advanced, but it's good-enough to be understood by anyone who speaks spanish, with no issues. she speaks spanish about as well as i do. it's also my second language, so that's why. i think her english is slightly better, but it's practically the same, at least based on that video.

Could you repeat the question please? This time a little slower.
dern.jpg

She is decent in both languages but that thick ass Slavic accent in kind of a turn off

There was a thread about native speakers of certain languages wanting to know how fighters came across in their native tounges. We got ALOT of info from that. That was a GOAT thread.

I like these.
Exactly that thread was great

Reactions: HHJ
I'm from south-america and his spanish is perfect, even better than many people here.

She speaks spanish well but she lacks a kind of fluidity,simplicity and natural that a native speaker would have.

Or something else I am not so sure but there's a little thing off I don't know.
You can feel she's not 100% confortable

Back