Valentina Shevchenko English or Spanish

Fess

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hi,
For those who speak both languages well, I'm just curious in which language Valentina speaks better.
Russian is her mother tongue, so obviously her Russian is perfect, but how is her Spanish compared to English?

as requested, her pre fight interview of UFC 255, speaking Spanish and English:

starting from 4:49 she starts speaking Spanish.

Last edited:
Couldnt you post a video of her? Im mean, ive never seen her speak spanish. Hard to give my honest opinion

From the little i have seen her spanish seems to be better. Her accent is apparent in both languages. However her spanish is much better than that typical gringo accents that native english speakers tend to have.

While I'm far from fluent in Spanish, it sounds like she is more fluent in Spanish than in English. Her flow is much better.

In addition, when she speaks English, I noticed a Spanish accent, so I'd say her Spanish is better. She used to live in Peru, so not a surprise.

There was a thread about native speakers of certain languages wanting to know how fighters came across in their native tounges. We got ALOT of info from that. That was a GOAT thread.

I like these.

they're both very close... her spanish seems to be slightly better than her english... probably has to do with her living in south america for a while

While I'm far from fluent in Spanish, it sounds like she is more fluent in Spanish than in English. Her flow is much better.

In addition, when she speaks English, I noticed a Spanish accent, so I'd say her Spanish is better. She used to live in Peru, so not a surprise.
Thanks,
She lived in Peru for 8 years, and now she lives in US for 3 years, and she spoke pretty good English before she moved to US, so the fact of her living in Peru for 8 years isn't an indicator for perfect Spanish, which I'm sure isn't, and she speaks it better that English.

But still, thanks.

Why is it weird?

Valentina is one of my favorite fighters, and why is it weird wanting to know more about a fighter that you like?
Don't you want to know more personal things about fighters that you like, except the fights themselves?
<GOT2>

Im from Spain.

She makes small mistakes, but her level is pretty decent. I would say a solid 7/10

I think her english is a bit better than her spanish.

Last edited:
I'm native Spanish speaker, and I believe her English is slightly better than her Spanish.

Los 250 pounds sherdoggers hablan mejor espanol que Valentina y son muy guapos.

No para Gays Jesus !

Valentina is one of the most interesting fighters, even has a degree in film direction. She seems like the kind of person who is just good at everything and would have made it in any career path.

Dos Equis should sponsor her.

Hi,
For those who speak both languages well, I'm just curious in which language Valentina speaks better.
Russian is her mother tongue, so obviously her Russian is perfect, but how is her Spanish compared to English?

as requested, her pre fight interview of UFC 255, speaking Spanish and English:

starting from 4:49 she starts speaking Spanish.

Quite the same (I speak in both languages)

I think her English is pretty good, it's just that her accent is very thick. She has good vocabulary and expresses herself pretty well. I mean, there are American athletes from NBA / NFL who speak worse than her with many grammar mistakes and horrible pronounciation

Back