Val Kilmer films

deucesarewild

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not sure if there's already a thread about this, but does anyone have any recommendations for Val Kilmer films?

I watched Heat Friday night and was like, "what a great flick!"

Now here I am.

tombstone for sure
doc holiday was a bad ass probably the closest is will come to finding Valium pulling another role like heat

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was pretty good the one time I saw it.... I think

Salton Sea is awesome as others have said

The Snowman is a great movie for all the wrong reasons

Top Gun and Tombstone are the gold standard.

Top Secret is a very 80s silly comedy like Johnny Dangerously but it's good for what it is.

The Man Who Broke 1000 Chains is a decent one from the 80s that few have seen.
Felon is a decent one from the 2000s that few have seen.

The Ghost and the Darkness is decent.
The Island of Dr. Moreau gets crapped on a lot but it's interesting.
The Doors is pretty good.
Thunderheart is all right.

Real Genius is a cult classic of sorts. I think it's all right, not amazing but an all right 80s college / high school type movie. I can name at least ten better ones but it's still worth a shot.

Last edited:
Heat as well but he isn't all that important to the movie.

Could not disagree more with this statement! Chris Shiherlis is up there for me, in contention for Greatest Wingman in Cinema History. (GWCH)

41s5Pmeh-NL._AC_SX385_.jpg

Kilmer’s performance adds an absolute armored truckload of value to the film, at least for me. Sure he’s not the lead or the co-lead, but he’s #3. And in a film that’s 27 hours long, you get to really explore that.

heat-vintage-movie-poster-original-1-sheet-27x41.jpg

Val absolutely knocks it out of the park & is memorable both in so many overt, & subtle ways. One of the great performances of the movie for me, right behind the two stars. Not just like, he’s on the poster, but like, he belongs on that got dang poster.

Top Gun, Batman

Kept seeing people praise Willow and only knew it from the NES game, which was good, and then watched the movie and meh. Maybe if I watched it as a kid, diff opinion.

He was solid in The Doors film, I'm not sure why that movie receives such negative attention, Kilmers performance was great, he even sang on vocals.
Also another underrated performance was Felon, not the greatest film but he had a strong character in that film.

Back