Val Kilmer films

Could not disagree more with this statement! Chris Shiherlis is up there for me, in contention for Greatest Wingman in Cinema History. (GWCH)

Val absolutely knocks it out of the park & is memorable both in so many overt, & subtle ways. One of the great performances of the movie for me, right behind the two stars. Not just like, he’s on the poster, but like, he belongs on that got dang poster.

Let's hear them.

If he had changed his name to Killmore before getting into acting, he could have had a totally different career.

KYCH.gif

d7a842051fa086ad3c7b5a62e1499bca.gif

mlPJw5.gif

Last edited:
Could not disagree more with this statement! Chris Shiherlis is up there for me, in contention for Greatest Wingman in Cinema History. (GWCH)

41s5Pmeh-NL._AC_SX385_.jpg

Kilmer’s performance adds an absolute armored truckload of value to the film, at least for me. Sure he’s not the lead or the co-lead, but he’s #3. And in a film that’s 27 hours long, you get to really explore that.

heat-vintage-movie-poster-original-1-sheet-27x41.jpg

Val absolutely knocks it out of the park & is memorable both in so many overt, & subtle ways. One of the great performances of the movie for me, right behind the two stars. Not just like, he’s on the poster, but like, he belongs on that got dang poster.

His character is pretty cool because he dials into this professional whose psyche is pretty much clad in armour, but the demand is so much you see it leak out into his personal life. So, even though he is like many of us, and desires family as a place to belong and to feel positive value, he can't function well at it. So he turns to his craft to find certainty. It makes sense to him, he knows it. It's kind of cyclical. But he does it because it's what he knows and also because he wants a retirement fund for his family. I get it. The minor characters actually get a good amount of attention without taking away from the main conflict.

It's 3 hours long, but I started it at midnight and was not tired or disengaging even once the whole time.

This is on Prime, a must see for anyone who appreciates his work..
B705D34F-74D9-4077-8385-87914D27E8CA.jpeg

Let's hear them.

- the raw bro chemistry between Chris / Kilmer & Neil / DeNiro, sells the loyalty throughout the film. Makes me so glad no one else was cast besides Val, that was originally going to be Keanu which while interesting, I don’t think would have had that same connection

- great example of that: when Neil gathers the crew to talk about deciding what their next move will be, Neil mentions he himself has a plan to retire, and in that moment Chris shoots him a somewhat shocked look. It is subtle, played just the right amount, & speaks a volume about the characters’ relationship / dynamic

- when Chris walks out the door of the bank, the fraction of a second between his smile of elation at having pulled off the job, (one of the few smiles in the movie lol) then noticing the cops across the street & instantly going into full auto spray, sums up the theme of the story & kicks off the GOAT cinema shootout

- the dedication to the role… Val is so completely believable as that guy. Of course a certain level of immersion isn’t anything new or unexpected in a lot of Michael Mann films, he often demands that of his actors, but Val exemplifies that. The character is so lived in. As an example of feeling like real guy vs actor: the single shot where he empties a clip, laying covering fire in two different directions, reloads in seconds, then continues to cover fire, all in one unedited shot, was used by Marines to show training soldiers how to do a proper rapid reload.

- Chris has to say goodbye to Ashley Judd without saying goodbye. Epic tragedy there. Both the look on Val’s face when he first gets out of the car — I don’t know how an actor can convey 9,000 pounds of PTSD, mixed with ‘I just had emergency neck surgery a few hours ago’, but somehow Val pulls it off, just with the look on his face — then the reaction on his face moments later at the end of the scene, after she waves him off with a warning, that whole scene is a goddamn opera

That’s 5 Val Kilmer HEAT member berries just off the top of me head, you don’t get any more unless you join my Patreon & OnlyFans

- the raw bro chemistry between Chris / Kilmer & Neil / DeNiro, sells the loyalty throughout the film. Makes me so glad no one else was cast besides Val, that was originally going to be Keanu which while interesting, I don’t think would have had that same connection

- great example of that: when Neil gathers the crew to talk about deciding what their next move will be, Neil mentions he himself has a plan to retire, and in that moment Chris shoots him a somewhat shocked look. It is subtle, played just the right amount, & speaks a volume about the characters’ relationship / dynamic

- when Chris walks out the door of the bank, the fraction of a second between his smile of elation at having pulled off the job, (one of the few smiles in the movie lol) then noticing the cops across the street & instantly going into full auto spray, sums up the theme of the story & kicks off the GOAT cinema shootout

- the dedication to the role… Val is so completely believable as that guy. Of course a certain level of immersion isn’t anything new or unexpected in a lot of Michael Mann films, he often demands that of his actors, but Val exemplifies that. The character is so lived in. As an example of feeling like real guy vs actor: the single shot where he empties a clip, laying covering fire in two different directions, reloads in seconds, then continues to cover fire, all in one unedited shot, was used by Marines to show training soldiers how to do a proper rapid reload.

- Chris has to say goodbye to Ashley Judd without saying goodbye. Epic tragedy there. Both the look on Val’s face when he first gets out of the car — I don’t know how an actor can convey 9,000 pounds of PTSD, mixed with ‘I just had emergency neck surgery a few hours ago’, but somehow Val pulls it off, just with the look on his face — then the reaction on his face moments later at the end of the scene, after she waves him off with a warning, that whole scene is a goddamn opera

That’s 5 Val Kilmer HEAT member berries just off the top of me head, you don’t get any more unless you join my Patreon & OnlyFans
Now I have to go and watch it again.

Also, what's your onlyfans link?
Asking for a friend....
<{ohyeah}>

Man you took the whole shaft, cupped the balls, hummed and then slurped up every drop lol

This is serious praise. Yes he does a great role in the film...and now I will have to watch it again (only watched it for the 1000th time recently too). This is the kind of praise that would make him feel warm inside if the stumbled across it

This is one of his best and probably most underrated. Excellent performance by him.
I watched it in the cinema when I was a kid and it was fantastic. I was so immersed in the show I felt sad when it came to an end. I just rewatched it recently and enjoyed it all the same.

Cool cameo in True Romance--written by tarantino, now you know what was in the briefcase

R.4220b53d6886be33763eeef5c6c357d3

Last edited:
I just saw The Salton Sea. I absolutely loved it.

Not sure if there's already a thread about this, but does anyone have any recommendations for Val Kilmer films?

I watched Heat Friday night and was like, "what a great flick!"

Now here I am.
Tombstone. Felon. Kiss kiss bang bang. Top gun

Back