• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Uvalde families sue Meta and ‘Call of Duty’ publisher Activision-Blizzard over alleged links to gun violence

Problem here for Activision/Blizzard is that theyve been caught promoting specific firearms manufacturers in Call of Duty for monetary gain and licensing rights. With the firearms manufacturers entering into said agreement solely to advertise their products towards kids.

Grounds are there for such a lawsuit. All of this comes down to if discovery is granted.
SMH, I knew you were insufferable when it came to Blizzard, everyone in the VG forum knows this, but this stoops to a new level for you. You're actually advocating for the absurd notion that videogames played a role in Uvalde. Unbelievable. It's unbelievable how deep your hatred of that company runs.

I don't know where on the doll they touched you, but for the love of Sherdog, get over it, already.

I'd like to think this fails but crazier shit has happened in the courts. Seems like they're very anti gun now.

It is the bullets
I heard he was learning how to curve them even and they'll be suing Angelina Jolie and the producers of that movie :cool:

Needs to sue Mine Craft for giving all those kids the black lung next.
"My child has developed an irreversible 3D grid in his mind and refuses to ackowledge the existence of round objects"

On the flip side, I wonder how many shootings that games like these prevented?

Feeling angry? Then take out your frustrations on the fictional city of Los Santos.

Mass shooters aren’t angry they’re fucking crazy.
Picked on kids with mental disorder that have been in the majority of instances medicated with anti depressants and/or anti psychotics.

SMH, I knew you were insufferable when it came to Blizzard, everyone in the VG forum knows this, but this stoops to a new level for you. You're actually advocating for the absurd notion that videogames played a role in Uvalde. Unbelievable. It's unbelievable how deep your hatred of that company runs.

Said grounds for a lawsuit is warranted. Didnt say Activision/Blizzard will be found liable. Some major legal hurdles exist for the Ulvade families.

I heard he also played Mortal Kombat and Night Trap lol Who was that lawyer obsessed with this stuff again? Jack something? I know Dempsey is the boxer and Dorsey is the twitter guy but it was something like that.
I don't remember him but I do remember senators Herb Kohl and Joe Lieberman.

Problem here for Activision/Blizzard is that theyve been caught promoting specific firearms manufacturers in Call of Duty for monetary gain and licensing rights. With the firearms manufacturers entering into said agreement solely to advertise their products towards kids.

Grounds are there for such a lawsuit. All of this comes down to if discovery is granted.
Call of Duty games have been rated M since 2007.

I hope they win this lawsuit. My kid knows about all kinds of real assualt rifles and guns just playing games like call of duty..ect..ect. What happen to the good old days of the original Doom that had "shotgun" and "flame thrower".

But call of duty uses made up names for each gun so how can it be tied to any specific gun? This is another bullshit lawsuit that should be tossed out immediately. The Remington one was also bullshit.

As heartbreaking as these school shootings are(and these two hit really hard as I had kids in school this age and I still remember where I was when I heard-newtown, I was at the Pittsburgh children’s museum when oddly enough, a friend from call of duty, texted me about the shooting.

No one is responsible for their own actions and responsible for them-not when there’s money to be made. Up next, Audi or bmw get sued because some kid drove drunk through a crowd. Better sue Budweiser that he got drunk on too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back