Usyk vs Chisora in March?

I really like that matchup. Tremendous clash of styles imo.

Great fight. I think Chisora is made for Usyk. Usyk will have trouble with the really big rangy heavyweights due to his size. He won't have any trouble with Chisora's come forward brawling style. It will be an exhibition fight for Usyk, a tough one but a very winnable fight for Usyk. Can't wait. It doesn't matter if he get's Pulev either, he has more than enough to deal with him too.

Meh. A gimme and we all know it.

Great fight. I think Chisora is made for Usyk. Usyk will have trouble with the really big rangy heavyweights due to his size. He won't have any trouble with Chisora's come forward brawling style. It will be an exhibition fight for Usyk, a tough one but a very winnable fight for Usyk. Can't wait. It doesn't matter if he get's Pulev either, he has more than enough to deal with him too.
I'm not so sure about that.

Chisora is physically like nothing Usyk has experienced in his life. Chisora walked through Price like he was Abner Mares, Price hits deceptively hard according to basically everyone who's fought or sparred him...Usyk doesn't have nearly as much pop to keep Chisora off.

Skill wise i think anyone who's watched even a little bit of boxing can see Usyk is many levels above. But this could be a situation where the strength overmatches, or at least matches, the boxing skill.

I could certainly be wrong and you might be right....but I'm more worried about Chisora than anyone Usyk ever faced at cw

Meh. A gimme and we all know it.
Why's that? Chisora is rated #10 in the world. Usyk has one fight at HW against Chazz Witherspoon who you said he looked unimpressive against.

I'm not so sure about that.

Chisora is physically like nothing Usyk has experienced in his life. Chisora walked through Price like he was Abner Mares, Price hits deceptively hard according to basically everyone who's fought or sparred him...Usyk doesn't have nearly as much pop to keep Chisora off.

Skill wise i think anyone who's watched even a little bit of boxing can see Usyk is many levels above. But this could be a situation where the strength overmatches, or at least matches, the boxing skill.

I could certainly be wrong and you might be right....but I'm more worried about Chisora than anyone Usyk ever faced at cw
Usyk has faced Majidov and Joyce at HW in the WSB. Both are harder hitters than Chisora and Joyce in particular is a high pressure fighter. He danced around them. I don't see him struggling too much with Chisora.

Last edited:
Why's that? Chisora is rated #10 in the world. Usyk has one fight at HW against Chazz Witherspoon who you said he looked unimpressive against.
Be honest, how likely is it Usyk loses this one? ITs fine as a stay busy fight but its a gimme, its not some big test.

Usyk has faced Majidov and Joyce at HW in the WSB. Both are harder hitters than Chisora and Joyce in particularly is a high pressure fighter. He danced around them. I don't see him struggling too much with Chisora.
That might be true but then again Chisora would knock the lucky charms out of both of those blokes in one night so...

That might be true but then again Chisora would knock the lucky charms out of both of those blokes in one night so...
I doubt that. I think Majidov would have good shot at KO'ing Chisora. And I'd pick Joyce now to beat Chisora.

Be honest, how likely is it Usyk loses this one? ITs fine as a stay busy fight but its a gimme, its not some big test.
It's a good test imo. If he was through him then we know he absolutely belongs at HW, but it's an interesting enough matchup where it's possible Chisora has a chance of putting him in trouble.

I doubt that. I think Majidov would have good shot at KO'ing Chisora. And I'd pick Joyce now to beat Chisora.
That's ridiculous. Majidov isn't even remotely in the picture.

Joyce is basically a slower more controlled version of Chisora. He's never faced any legit pro on these guys level.

We're getting off the real topic here...

It’s designed to be a gimme of course, but hard for me to see Chisora as a gimme for any untested HW, even one as skilled as Usyk.

If his defence gets porous against those big overhand rights, gonna be a tough night.

Decent enough second test. Chisora always shows up to fight.

That's ridiculous. Majidov isn't even remotely in the picture.

Joyce is basically a slower more controlled version of Chisora. He's never faced any legit pro on these guys level.

We're getting off the real topic here...

Joyce would wipe the floor with Chisora. Joyce's output is far higher than Chisora and physically he's a behemoth compared to Chisora. Chisora is 6'1 1/2" with a 74 inch reach. Joyce is 6'6" with an 80" reach. Joyce no problems. Regardless it's a good fight that I'd like to see.

Joyce would wipe the floor with Chisora. Joyce's output is far higher than Chisora and physically he's a behemoth compared to Chisora. Chisora is 6'1 1/2" with a 74 inch reach. Joyce is 6'6" with an 80" reach. Joyce no problems. Regardless it's a good fight that I'd like to see.
As usual you make good points.

But i still really think you're kinda underrating Chisora. Call me crazy but i think he's more dangerous today than he was when he previously was in title picture

Chisora
What was his weight in his last bout's weight in?

As usual you make good points.

But i still really think you're kinda underrating Chisora. Call me crazy but i think he's more dangerous today than he was when he previously was in title picture
I like Chisora but he's a really good gatekeeper. Against the top flight HW's he always comes up short and he's not getting any younger. Usyk is really mobile and Chisora is a bit of a plodder who always fights the same way, which is to pressure and come forward. I'd be really surprised if Usyk didn't have a gameplan for that. Usyk's whole game is based on outmanoeuvring his opponents and Chisora offers nothing surprising in the way of movement.

Usyk's whole game is based on outmanoeuvring his opponents
Then interesting variant to test Usyk might be ….. feed up till some 210 lbs Dorticos from CW and match him with Usyk to test him.

It's a good test imo. If he was through him then we know he absolutely belongs at HW, but it's an interesting enough matchup where it's possible Chisora has a chance of putting him in trouble.
A puncher's chance.

Back