• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Usyk has an iron chin but a weak body

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Has there even been another fighter with such a big discrepancy between their ability to take punches to the head but not to the body?

The first shot was clearly to the back of the kidney. Not a legal shot in amateur or professional boxing. Second shot is legal from Beterbiev and the only true knockdown we've ever seen Usyk suffer that wasn't questionable. I don't think I need to tell you how hard Beterbiev hits. Third shot was a low blow. Look at where that punch landed. None of the glove was touching skin and the beltline isn't always allowed to be hit. It's only allowed if the ref indicates that it's fair game before the contest. Fourth shot misses completely. It was clearly a slip and the ref ruled it as such. Last shot from Dubois was low. Again, the ref didn't indicate that the beltline was legal before the fight. In this case it wasn't even on the beltline but the belt itself. Same as the third shot in this video.

Gassiev hits like a truck and hit Usyk to the body plenty of times. He never went down. Why? Because they were legal. Joshua also launched an all out assault on Usyk's body in the rematch and blasted him there for an entire round. Legal shots that didn't drop Usyk. Those too were legal.

Last edited:
I'm not sure he has a "weak body" but he's kind of poor at defending his body. I've been saying it since he was a in the CW tourney.

I'm not sure he has a "weak body" but he's kind of poor at defending his body. I've been saying it since he was a in the CW tourney.
He doesn't do a great job at it but Fury isn't any better. Wilder found his body no problem in the third fight and so did Chisora repeatedly in their third fight. These two fights are just recent examples. There are many others.

He might just have a vulnerability to the body…

Still think he will beat Fury though.

The first shot was clearly to the back of the kidney. Not a legal shot in amateur or professional boxing. Second shot is legal from Beterbiev and the only true knockdown we've ever seen Usyk suffer that wasn't questionable. I don't think I need to tell you how hard Beterbiev hits. Third shot was a low blow. Look at where that punch landed. None of the glove was touching skin and the beltline isn't always allowed to be hit. It's only allowed if the ref indicates that it's fair game before the contest. Fourth shot misses completely. It was clearly a slip and the ref ruled it as such. Last shot from Dubois was low. Again, the ref didn't indicate that the beltline was legal before the fight. In this case it wasn't even on the beltline but the belt itself. Same as the third shot in this video.

Gassiev hits like a truck and hit Usyk to the body plenty of times. He never went down. Why? Because they were legal. Joshua also launched an all out assault on Usyk's body in the rematch and blasted him there for an entire round. Legal shots that didn't drop Usyk. Those too were legal.
You can believe that if you want. Lots of guys, even subpar guys would have taken these exact same shots without going down

You can believe that if you want. Lots of guys, even subpar guys would have taken these exact same shots without going down
Oh really? Gonna disagree with you on that one bud.
Getting dropped or wincing says a lot more about ones ability to take a punch than some bruising does
Yes, getting hit low and feeling it is unusual. Floyd must not be very tough for reacting the way he did to McGregor and Zab's low blows. Those guys aren't even heavyweights. The video you posted is clickbait. Whoever created it is just looking for views. Imagine counting an obvious kidney shot and a slip as evidence of a weak body. Ridiculous.

Oh really? Gonna disagree with you on that one bud.

Yes, getting hit low and feeling it is unusual. Floyd must not be very tough for reacting the way he did to McGregor and Zab's low blows. Those guys aren't even heavyweights. The video you posted is clickbait. Whoever created it is just looking for views. Imagine counting an obvious kidney shot and a slip as evidence of a weak body. Ridiculous.
Kidney shot is not even as damaging as a liver shot. Most guys take those shots, and then just motion to the red of an illegal punch. The low blows from Conor and zab were legit low blows. The ones on usyk were not groin shots. They were at the belt or slightly below the belt

Kidney shot is not even as damaging as a liver shot. Most guys take those shots, and then just motion to the red of an illegal punch. The low blows from Conor and zab were legit low blows. The ones on usyk were not groin shots. They were at the belt or slightly below the belt
you are slightly below intelligent.

No, the low blows on Usyk were in fact low blows and they were called as such. They were below the belt. The whole glove was in each case. Usyk has taken some wicked body shots off the hardest hitting cruisers & heavyweights and taken them just fine when they didn't stray low. Strange. It's almost like low blows are supposed to hurt worse. Maybe that's why they're illegal?

No, the low blows on Usyk were in fact low blows and they were called as such. They were below the belt. The whole glove was in each case. Usyk has taken some wicked body shots off the hardest hitting cruisers & heavyweights and taken them just fine when they didn't stray low. Strange. It's almost like low blows are supposed to hurt worse. Maybe that's why they're illegal?
The only punch that was low was the punch from dubois, and as I said it wasn't a groin shot. Definitely the whole glove wasn't below the belt, that is a flat out lie. Funny how usyks reactions are always the same, even with the punch you admit from beterbiev that was completely legal.

The only punch that was low was the punch from dubois, and as I said it wasn't a groin shot. Definitely the whole glove wasn't below the belt, that is a flat out lie. Funny how usyks reactions are always the same, even with the punch you admit from beterbiev that was completely legal.
Uh no. Rewatch the clickbait video you posted. The third clip is absolutely low as well. You must be one of those ignoramuses that think a low blow has to land squarely on the genitals. According to your standards a number of HOFers and all-time greats also had weak bodies. Nevermind the fact that they even managed to earn ATG status in the first place.

Uh no. Rewatch the clickbait video you posted. The third clip is absolutely low as well. You must be one of those ignoramuses that think a low blow has to land squarely on the genitals. According to your standards a number of HOFers and all-time greats also had weak bodies. Nevermind the fact that they even managed to earn ATG status in the first place.
it's such a dead giveaway that people have never set foot in a gym, ever.

you wear an iron fucking cup and a hard enough punch or kick touches it, you're going to double up and feel like puking. idiots think cups are a fucking impenetrable shield that eliminates all pain, when in reality all it prevents is serious injury. your junk will still get hurt and you will whine like a bitch.

I thought if AJ had targeted the body as his main attack he could have a lot of success in the rematch. Usyk doesn't like a good body shot but who does? Some guys take body shots better than others. Usyk showed he could take a legit hw attack to the body and get out of there w/ a clear win against a solid opponent.

I would still go after the body if I'm Tyson b/c it's one of the few times Usyk has looked bothered so I get the point. He won't go out from body shots but maybe you could slow him down and take his legs away over time if you really target it. There has to be more than just body work to get to a guy as good as Usyk, tho.

I remember Pac had success against an iron chinned Margarito, he had his face mutilated and didn't seem to care all that much. On the other hand, Pac going to the body really seemed to irk him. My guy GGG is more affected by body shots than to his head also, I've noticed. Again he won't get stopped to the body but it def a good idea to work downstairs since his chin has held up so well.

If a guy is known for having a sick chin, I think it's always a good idea to try the body it's a totally different type of pain and affects your breathing etc. that a shot to the face can't do. /rant.

it's such a dead giveaway that people have never set foot in a gym, ever.

you wear an iron fucking cup and a hard enough punch or kick touches it, you're going to double up and feel like puking. idiots think cups are a fucking impenetrable shield that eliminates all pain, when in reality all it prevents is serious injury. your junk will still get hurt and you will whine like a bitch.
bro, the worst low blow I had was at, you wont believe it, a beginners bjj class.
In a free roll while I was on the ground, the guy standing slipped on sweat and landed somehow knee to my nut sack. I coughed blood for some reason. Shit got me so paranoid I wore a jockstrap for a year. (In bjj there is no cups or jockstraps, not even on world pro).

bro, the worst low blow I had was at, you wont believe it, a beginners bjj class.
In a free roll while I was on the ground, the guy standing slipped on sweat and landed somehow knee to my nut sack. I coughed blood for some reason. Shit got me so paranoid I wore a jockstrap for a year. (In bjj there is no cups or jockstraps, not even on world pro).
Guys don't wear cups in bjj? That is crazy to me! I remember Rogan told a story about how he was rolling and a guy kneed him in the nuts or something very similar to you and he was bleeding out of his dick. So scary.

Back